PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Slightly off topic, but what makes $11-14 tin on SPC $35 in a B&M? Is it predominantly state taxes, or is it operating expenses and the shop’s profit margin?
In Michigan, there’s also an additional excise tax on tobacco; SP applies this at the point of purchase.

Of course, there’s the discount possible due to the quantities SP purchases from manufacturers/distributors. Local shops will be paying more for those tins from the start.

And it was hilarious. It was noted as having any tobacco product you may want. When I walked in, I was greeted with numerous glass pipes and the smell of incense. We know where this is going.

Sandwiched between the pouches I saw a few tins (6 total). There were 4 different Ashton blends and 2 Peterson blends. Trying to be polite and support them a bit, I asked how much the tin of Artisan’s Blend was since I was in the mood for an English and figured what the heck. $35!
So much this. In my neck of the woods the B&Ms are almost ALL head shops. Only one is a 100% pipe/cigar joint and they are 99.9% cigars so I shop here and online exclusively :)