Went Antique Hunting Today, Help With One Pipe Please (Pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'd strip the lacquer off that LHS, sand it with some 600 then 800 grit then buff with white diamond. Finish with wax only, no stain,no sealer,no lacquer etc. As you smoke it it will color nicely.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Fnord- that is a very generous offer! I would love to use the reamer for this thing so I don't do any more damage to the pipe. And that is for the comment about the condition. Makes me feel better about it being messed up as I am usually such a perfectionist. :rofl: If it is not too much to send my way I would gladly accept your offer.
Beef- If I had a B&M that was just a tobacco shop I bet they would. The shop closest to me always gives me a snotty attitude when I go in there. I don't know if it's my age or what.
Ed- Thanks for the tips, is the white diamond your talking about that metal polish?? That's all I can find. I don't have a buffer so would just pipe wax do the trick??

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I should really resist posting from my phone. The phone likes to change random words and mess everything up. I hope you all can make sence of what I posted earlier.
On another note, I cleaned the shank and stem with an alcohol soaked pipe cleaner and it was surprisingly clean! Once I can ream the bowl out I may or may not do a salt/alcohol soak and when it's dry I can smoke it!! Today I also polished up the ailver band and cleaned up the stinger. This is my first pipe that even has a stinger. A friend of mine has a small amount of pipe polish that I may use on this to finish it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.