PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I just discovered that I live about 5 miles away from the man that owns and operates Meerschaum Market. The huge online retailer of top notch Meerschaum pipes. I messaged him about a Mesut and IMP Meer I was looking at... we got talking... learned we are neighbors... and now I am going over to his house / office to see the pipes in person. I'm in Delaware, not Turkey ;-)

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Simon (condorlover) had him clone an old Devil Anse and some others. I purchased the clone and I know that Weezel owns some.
Sounds like a good thing all around.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Bagrham or something like that is his name I think?I met the big boss of IMP at the Columbus pipe show and we talked a bit about him...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Tango, I love stories like this. The pipe community is wonderful. Let us know how the meet up turns out.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
It will be easier to show your wife this amazing new meerschaum you found at the flea market for $15 than trying to pull off the same story when a USPS box is involved hahaha

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
My lady has become pretty smart about pipes. She was by my side when I met Massimo of Musico and Pierre Blatter. She knows too much ;-) She gets more annoyed at how many paper towels I use in a day than she does about what pipes cost.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
...and that's just the thing. I don't think I have a paper towel problem. She expects me to get through an entire meal with one of those half-sheets! Come on man! I need at least three!
Anyway, I am going to see some meers today at 5pm.
If you recall, I sell a beautiful Meerschaum about every 6 months. I buy one and I never set it ablaze. I can never bring myself to get it dirty. My rule is, if I don't light it within 6 months, I sell it. It's like a self-imposed punishment. I have sold the last 3 bakis I bought. I have sold two IMP's and a WGM also. The only meer I smoke is my old one.
I plan to change this. I am coming home with a meer this afternoon and I am filling it within an hour with Royal Yacht or Uhle's Crushed White Burley and I'm smoking it.

P

pipebuddy

Man, I can sense a disturbance in the Force: you are going to spend a lot of money in the near future. :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.