PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
My wife and I have both been down sick with this nasty chest cold going around for the last two weeks. The Mother in Law thought she would come over and give my wife and hand and do some cleaning. Well she did a great job, even going so far as to dust my pipes, each and every one LOL only trouble is she decided to use pledge. They are wood after all she says. So I am hoping my pipes don't smell like lemon pledge when I can actually get back to smoking them. It was a very nice gesture though.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Yikes. That is a nice gesture. I think I read somewhere that somebody used pledge to wipe/polish their pipes. Its not common for sure.
I would give them another wipe down to remove as much as you can. By the time you are feeling better I'm sure the smell will be gone.
Hope you get well soon.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
That's well-meaning, funny, and terrifying at the same time. I hope your pipes are okay. :puffy:
I have a padlock cabinet at home for most of my pipes and cellar. We have no kids, but the in-laws like to meddle.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
No biggie. I've even used Pledge before to clean pipes. Unscented, not lemon. They should be fine, just wipe them off, and let them air out, is what I'd do. Then buy a door lock for your man cave. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as they say.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
There are several threads mentioning lemon pledge -- with mixed opinions. Use the Search Forums box above to find them.

Based on what I've read so far, it's not the end of the world. It seems to be more popular for use on stems, not briar.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks guys, they don't seem to be too bad off for the experience. Lemon scent thankfully isn't too strong she didn't get all of them just my eight pipe rack by my chair. The rest were in the cabinet. Course my best smokers sit beside my chair lol.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It was intended in such a kindly way, and didn't do any serious damage, so I'd say it was a plus. If you

can somehow keep her from repeating the "favor."

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Yea she is a sweetheart for sure. Got lucky some guys can't stand their mother in law. Hell she even bought me pipe tobacco when they were in Holland a few years back. Besides some of my pipes have never looked better LOL

Aug 14, 2012
I have a mother in law like that. Wonderful woman. She came up here while I was gone to help my wife clean up the house after construction...and threw out the tampers because they were dirty.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That's nice of her. Besides, the lemon scent will dissipate over time so not much to worry about.
My mom in law would have pointed out everything that needed cleaned. lol

May she rest in peace.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Hahahahaha that's funny agonsticpipe but it's kinda true about the Erinmore flake :wink:

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Piperl12 years ago my mother in law did the same, only bad part was she dropped a beautiful unsmoked freehand and broke the stem off . Well since I was at work my wife and her decided since I didn't smoke it they would super glue the stem back in and I would never notice. It took me all of about 2 mins once I walked thru the door to spot it.... since then , they have never cleaned my pipes again.. :puffpipe:
Nice gesture though!! :puffy:

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
I would test for anthrax if I was you - Rule One is never trust the mother-in-law

LOL Peck the rat poison didn't work so I think she has resolved herself to the fact that I'm here for good! :clap:

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
I almost had a heart attack reading this post! I hope your pipes aren't damaged, I wouldn't stand for something like that. Mother-in-law or not, you touch my pipes and were throwin' down! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.