Well, It's Official...... I'm Hooked On Carter Hall.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

redglow

Preferred Member
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Tried my first bowl last night. Then smoked another. Got up early before work to smoke CH with a cup of coffee.
Now, back home from work relaxing with some more CH.
Glad I bought the 14 oz. tub :mrgreen:

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
It's good stuff, and been around for a hundred years for a reason. Some prefer Russ O's Hearth and Home Chatham Manor, which I burn through, too. It is a match for Carter Hall because it uses higher quality leaf. Also, some detect a chemical taste to Carter Hall, although I can never taste it (but I'm a sloooow smoker).

madox07

Preferred Member
Dec 12, 2016
As a European, so please understand I have a bit of a different taste that you guys, I like Prince Albert better than Carter Hall by a long shot.

ray47

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2015
If you love Carter Hall, you may want to try C&D's Pegasus. Pegasus is similar to CH, but a step up in flavor and strength.

the85boro

Feb 17, 2019
I'd like to get some more Carter Hall. Once I learned there were premium pipe tobaccos in the world I just flat out left the "common" brands behind.
I did get a sealed tub of Prince Albert when I ordered a pipe lot off of eBay. I didn't know it was coming with the pipes. Also, I got a sealed tin of Solani 660 silver with another lot I ordered. Nice surprises.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Carter Hall is one of the grand old codger/over-the-counter blends that almost everyone can enjoy. If it gets a little routine, you can always jazz it up by mixing another blend or condimental leaf, and it is often good to go back to, as a change of pace. Along those lines, I like Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, and PC Midtown series Chestnut, a match to the discontinued Walnut, not to mention a variety of pouch blends, most recently the new Amphora Burley. No one will like every one of these, but codger blends have something for everyone.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
WI
Black pirate boat stuff got nothing on Carter Hall.
What's it called again?
Meh who cares.... Go Carter Hall!