Well, It's Official...... I'm Hooked On Carter Hall.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Tried my first bowl last night. Then smoked another. Got up early before work to smoke CH with a cup of coffee.
Now, back home from work relaxing with some more CH.
Glad I bought the 14 oz. tub :mrgreen:

Reactions: Chris e

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I enjoy Carter Hall, although I'm a bit more fond of Prince Albert. Those are the only two OTC blends that I've tried.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
It's good stuff, and been around for a hundred years for a reason. Some prefer Russ O's Hearth and Home Chatham Manor, which I burn through, too. It is a match for Carter Hall because it uses higher quality leaf. Also, some detect a chemical taste to Carter Hall, although I can never taste it (but I'm a sloooow smoker).

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
As a European, so please understand I have a bit of a different taste that you guys, I like Prince Albert better than Carter Hall by a long shot.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
I'd like to get some more Carter Hall. Once I learned there were premium pipe tobaccos in the world I just flat out left the "common" brands behind.
I did get a sealed tub of Prince Albert when I ordered a pipe lot off of eBay. I didn't know it was coming with the pipes. Also, I got a sealed tin of Solani 660 silver with another lot I ordered. Nice surprises.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Carter Hall is one of the grand old codger/over-the-counter blends that almost everyone can enjoy. If it gets a little routine, you can always jazz it up by mixing another blend or condimental leaf, and it is often good to go back to, as a change of pace. Along those lines, I like Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, and PC Midtown series Chestnut, a match to the discontinued Walnut, not to mention a variety of pouch blends, most recently the new Amphora Burley. No one will like every one of these, but codger blends have something for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.