PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
One of my friend's girlfriend asked me to pick him up a pipe for his birthday so while I waited for my wife I stopped by Jon's Pipe Shop in St. Louis. I was set on getting him a Peterson, Savenelli, or at least something I had heard of. Instead I came away with two Vuillards. The first is for him. It's a Ballister 857 with a Cumberland stem. It's so pretty. The second is for me a Virgin oil finished 259. All I know about these is the owner said they were good smokers. They are French made pipes. What do you think? Anyone have experience with these? Sorry for the large bad pictures.
image-8_zpsf0fb33a4.jpg

image-8_zps67dbcc56.jpg

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
It took me forever to decide what brand to put down. The box says Saint Claud in one place, Chacom in another and Vuillard on the pipe. For what it's worth I payed $50 for mine and $80 for his. This will be my first new pipe without a pretreated bowl. I'm looking forward to it! Also, they are both drilled perfectly.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
One more quick question. Is there any particular type of tobacco that is better for breaking a pipe in? Hopefully I will get to smoke a bowl this evening. I will let you know hoe it goes!

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
That virgin pipe is sweet. Cool, squat shape, amd I love the light natural finish

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
That virgin pipe is sweet. Cool, squat shape, amd I love the light natural finish
That is what drew me to it as well. Smaller bowl too, which I liked.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Well I had my first half bowl last night. It smokes great! Probably better than any other pipe I have. I'm very excited about adding this one to the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.