PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi all, I was so pleased with this until I stamped it. I gotta get myself something else to set my stamp in. Thinking of a used pool ball perhaps. Thinking I would be clever, I tried to place my stamp over a small gouge I made while I was using my 1"x30" belt sander. Turns out I wasn't. I decided to leave it since it was deeper than I wished to take it down too. I figured it would make the shank way too narrow. C'est la vie.
Anyway, here are a few pics of this Bent Dublin with hand turned Cumberland stem. I tried my best to polish the inside of the funnel up to 800 grit and the button is a tad off.
Cheers all.

qf5khUb.jpg

sRj1eTx.jpg

VJHCm8A.jpg

feLZGhu.jpg

esIATBk.jpg

ETLbqcL.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a big dramatic swoop design, and I really like the stem. Stamps seem forever a problem. I have a number of pipes with failed stamps, and a few with good stamps that would evaporate on a buffer (I don't own). Enjoy the pipe and take the stamp as the fortunes of war.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nice looking pipe. Well done.
It's double stamped...like a coin that was double stamped at the mint.

Reactions: Casual

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks folks for the kind comments. I should post this one on the makers forum.
JP: yeah, I think you're correct.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Very nice looking pipe. I'm sure the stamp feels like a big scar on your finished pipe right now, but it's only a small issue. Smoke it and enjoy it puffy

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Great looking pipe. No one would ever notice the button but you! Stem looks great! Love the rod you got, lovely grain!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
JP, I took the images down.
jguss, I've been a member since 2015
I couldn't care less about advertising - my passion is in making pipes and improving my craft.

Reactions: MarcosEZLN
Status
Not open for further replies.