@jpmcwjr
@BROBS
@diamondback
@vates
@AlabamaDan
@ron123
@whsergent
@Ctbill

A neighbor brought me a pipe from her junk drawer recently and told me it was a gift for being a good friend. Looking it over I decided though fairly rough looking, not an impossible restore.

What I started with.

A stinger was frozen into the stem but when heated slid out easily.

The stummel cleaned well with a wet paper towel and a hard bristled toothbrush.

Buildup on the rim was removed with a wet paper towel and the chamber was reamed with a Case knife.

Stem oxidation was cleaned using a lighter and a wet paper towel.

I followed that with toothpaste to polish it to a mirror black.

All cleaned and ready to smoke.

Last edited:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nice! Thanks for posting the videos.
What type of toothpaste are you using (not the brand)? Just plain white toothpaste? Tartar Protection, Cavity Protection, Whitening? Does it matter?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nice! Thanks for posting the videos.
What type of toothpaste are you using (not the brand)? Just plain white toothpaste? Tartar Protection, Cavity Protection, Whitening? Does it matter?
I just use any non baking soda toothpaste. The one in the video is Colgate whitening.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Looks great man! Have you thought about applying any stain to the rim to match it? Or just smoke ??

here’s a shamrock I just did with 600 grit and white diamond on the buffing wheel finished with a miracle polishing cloth.
rim and stummel cleaned with a wet paper towel. ?
whole thing waxed with halcyon 2.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Nice work. Just curious about what you do with you old stingers like this one. Do you clean it and keep it in case of resale, or just toss? I have a couple I'm trying to clean.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Nice work. Just curious about what you do with you old stingers like this one. Do you clean it and keep it in case of resale, or just toss? I have a couple I'm trying to clean.
I have a baggie of them. There are very few that are worth any type of a shit. Usually better to leave them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.