PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
She was quite a looker in her youth. Although, after looking at that recent photo, I wish Dante had lived long enough to figure out exactly which rung of hell plastic surgeons were bound to inhabit.
Yeah, she hadn't been a vixen for a long time.

Her death constantly went between hoax and fact yesterday.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yeah. I bet that through her whole young adulthood, she was probably only known for her looks, sadly. Not a big surprise when people that have lived that life go get plastic surgeries as they age. None of us stays 22 forever.
Yup. Trying to hang on to such a fleeting thing is foolish.
still way too young to pass, though I’m guessing she may have lived hard.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I don't see anything offensive. She was a public figure and made some poor choices, it's public record (but none are really emphasized here in this thread).
Really . referring to a woman (in this case a dead woman) in a derogatory manner as, among other things , a "blobfish" is not something you find offensive? Look, I don't even know who this woman was, but I do know that actual gentlemen do not employ the kind of language and observation about women like this. Public or Private. Not on any day and not on Mother's Day.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Really . referring to a woman (in this case a dead woman) in a derogatory manner as, among other things , a "blobfish" is not something you find offensive? Look, I don't even know who this woman was, but I do know that actual gentlemen do not employ the kind of language and observation about women like this. Public or Private. Not on any day and not on Mother's Day.
i agree with ssjones
nothing to see here

Reactions: BROBS

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I believe that you are mistaking the nature of the comments. She was a very attractive person, whose appearance was drastically altered by plastic surgery, which is a travesty. May she Rest In Peace. Any “ungentlemanly” comments are in direct relation to the disfigurement brought about by surgery. Any woman who feels or is told by the men in her life that she needs or should get a boob job/plastic surgery/collagen injections is surrounded by true non-gentlemen, and the docs who are responsible for profiting from this type of debauchery are the worst. Please pardon me for offending you, feel free to ignore any further comments from me and in this thread. Have a great Mother’s Day.

Reactions: Wuce Brayne

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I believe that you are mistaking the nature of the comments. She was a very attractive person, whose appearance was drastically altered by plastic surgery, which is a travesty. May she Rest In Peace. Any “ungentlemanly” comments are in direct relation to the disfigurement brought about by surgery. Any woman who feels or is told by the men in her life that she needs or should get a boob job/plastic surgery/collagen injections is surrounded by true non-gentlemen, and the docs who are responsible for profiting from this type of debauchery are the worst. Please pardon me for offending you, feel free to ignore any further comments from me and in this thread. Have a great Mother’s Day.
Thanks for your thoughtful response and I am in no way offended. Reasonable people can always disagree. I do think, however, that my comments stand. It also seems to me that pipe smokers have long been considered to be both thoughtful and, in the case of men, gentlemanly. Society has certainly coarsened and there is, I suppose, little that you are or I can do about that. However, I do regret what I perceive as a regrettable coarsening of this forum. That extends, I suppose to both misogyny and speaking ill of the dead. Hoping the mothers in your life have a good day.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yup. Trying to hang on to such a fleeting thing is foolish.
still way too young to pass, though I’m guessing she may have lived hard.
yeah she did. I don't know how easy it is to find these days but the list of scripts she got from her doctor make it surprising she made it this far. It was an astonishing list in both variety and quantity. To survive even half of what was on there would require an astonishing tolerance. Which is sad because that kind of behavior is often a sign of deeper emotional or psychological issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.