I'm just sayin' ...
may-stats-01.jpg

may-stats-02.jpg

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Nice climb, awesome :)
I have a question though, why aren't you using Google Analytics (or another JS beacon system) instead/in addition to? That looks like it's generated from log files, and while it's fairly proportional you certainly can't claim it to be very accurate regarding the visitor count (if you want to count humans, that is). You'll get a lot more in-depth statistics from Analytics and can see top content, goal conversions, location stats, search queries, etc.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks Nemrod.
I didn't show all the stats. I do have top entry pages, top exit pages, search queries, country of origin, referring sites, hourly usage and a bunch of other stuff.
I guess I just don't feel comfortable with Google being in control of everything. (I know Analytics is excellent.) I'll take the organic search traffic though. Google is our #1 referrer by far.
I also use ComScore and Quantcast for stats.
So, what do you do Internet-wise? It seems you know about this stuff.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I'm the head of tech (CTO, if you will) of an (admittedly small) internet marketing and web development agency and take care of most of our larger clients, including in-depth analysis of visitor behavior and optimizing for maximum ROI from SEO and PPC. In addition to having built my own beacon system from scratch I'm qualified by Google for Google Analytics and can attest to its awesomeness. :)
There's always Urchin, the self-hosted variant, if you don't want Google to have access to your statistics, though the prices seem to be a lot higher than I expected and it's slightly different in how it works. I'd still recommend Analytics, but I can understand if you don't want to use it, and the others you mention aren't bad alternatives (though Analytics is generally the norm in the business in my experience). :)
But no matter what analytics software you use, it's always great to see climbs like that, kudos! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.