We All Love Comics, Any Heroes/Villains Smoke a Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Here's a couple more. Both Blake and Mortimer (by Edgar P. Jacobs) are pipesmokers:

And even a pinhead can find time for a pipe, between spin cycles:

englishdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Ada Lovelace smokes a pipe in Sydney Padua's steampunk online comic series "The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace & Babbage" .
anotherada.jpg

lovelacepg5.jpg

Aug 14, 2012
Toker: I had a collection of maybe 400 comics as a kid. Went to college, came back, discovered my mother had thrown them out. They would have paid for a country estate.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
97-1.jpg

I'm always in such a hurry.
Edit: Homer can also be seen smoking a meerschaum calabash in Episode: O Brother, Where Bart Thou?

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Seeing Bruce Wayne, Captain America, Professor Xavier, Tony Stark/Iron Man and Nick Fury smoke their pipes is pretty awesome every time I see it. I've already seen them smoke pipes before in old comics, with the exception of Steve Rogers/Captain America. I was tickled to see that, so thanks! Even though he's probably the most famous cigar smoker in comics, I do recall an issue of either Wolverine or X-Men where Logan is smoking a pipe.
Popeye, of course, and without a doubt, is the most popular cartoon pipe-smoker of all time. OF ALL TIME. A Popeye without his corn cob pipe would be a horrific sin!
James Gordon, Gotham City's Top Cop and ally of Batman still smokes his pipe - in Batman: Arkham Asylum (the second-best superhero video game ever, topped only by Batman: Arkham City) drops his pipe after being kidnapped by the Joker's goons. Batman finds the pipe, knows that Gordon would never willingly let go of his favorite pipe (a gift from his daughter Barbara) and uses the composition of the tobacco to follow Gordon. How cool is that? NANA-NANA-NANA-NANA-BATMAN!!

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
And didn't the great Sgt. Rock and some members of Easy Company smoke pipes while in combat with Zee Germans? I'll have to dig out some of those old issues and check.

pshmrst

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
Dublin
This Doesn't Really Count as a Pipe Smoker (or a hero or villain for that matter... more an Anti-Hero)
But when Calvin, on the odd occassion he would use his imagination in conjunction with Susie, pictured himself playing house, he sometimes pictured himself as a pipe smoker...
_Calvin_and_Hobbes3_.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.