We’ve Got A Famous Forum Member

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ohhhh... I thought this was going to be about me, ha ha.
No, Jiminks has been a celebrity in the pipe and comic world for longer than I've been on here. Jim singlehandedly went to Sutliff and cracked heads until they submitted and brought back EGR. Well, maybe he had the weight of the pipe world behind him. But, we owe it to him for bringing it back. It a great blend. I love the balance between the flavors of the different leafs and the topping, not one sided, and it definitely has interest to it, not monochromatic at all.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ohhhh... I thought this was going to be about me, ha ha.
No, Jiminks has been a celebrity in the pipe and comic world for longer than I've been on here. Jim singlehandedly went to Sutliff and cracked heads until they submitted and brought back EGR. Well, maybe he had the weight of the pipe world behind him. But, we owe it to him for bringing it back. It a great blend. I love the balance between the flavors of the different leafs and the topping, not one sided, and it definitely has interest to it, not monochromatic at all.
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

I could have never saved EGR without all our fellow forum members supporting me up. Sutliff got so much e-mail response that their server crashed for three days. That's the power of good folks working for a good cause.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
WOW! How cool is this!! REALLY! To be around you smart and cool guys AND Mr. Jiminks with PULL--NOT BEING SARCASTIC HERE! Heck, nobody with any pull actually crosses my path!!! THANKS TO ALL for a great place to be among "online friends!" You brighten my world considerably
kindly,
mike
p.s. AND THANKS TO Your Mr. Jiminks for getting that blend brought back, I'll put it on my list to try out (newbie alert here!) :)

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I am so happy to have been involved in the online campaign, waged by Jim, to show Sutliff how smokers wanted to continue to enjoy EGR. I've been smoking the blend since the 1960s, and thanks to Jim, and those who posted in support of his efforts, I can continue to happily smoke Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend.
Again, thanks Jim!