WCC Rouxgaroux

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I hesitate to write a review of any tobacco as my palate is quite uneducated in the art. Wine on the other hand I have been deeply involved with for 30 years. Anyway, I had my first bowl of Rouxgaroux after dinner last night and I quite liked it. Smoked it as my first bowl ever in my Sav Oscar Dry 811KS. For me it was a really smooth mellow smoke. A decent amount of spice and wood and earth and subtle sweetness on the finish but one thing that really stood out was the floral note. I really liked that. It was not perfume like. Rather it was very natural and quite pleasant. I did have a lot of trouble keeping it lit and had to relight way too much for my liking and ended up with a little bite toward the end of the bowl likely due relighting so often. I dried it pretty good and even repacked it once but for some reason I couldn't keep it at a low burn - this happens to me since I am still learning. It was also my first time with this pipe so not being used to how it behaves may be part of it. Anyway, I am really glad I order this stuff and I will be back for more this Halloween. Peace :)

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
I got it upon winning the Country Squire Radio blend of the year last year. I found it okay. Had a couple of bowls now and find it okay but not something that is special along with so many other great blends.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
I tried my first bowl from the April 2022 release today. I found it to be very flat and one dimensional. I am not impressed at all.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I got a pound of it from the first four releases and it's okay. Sutliff's Match Elizabethan is the first Virginia/Perique I reach for though.

Reactions: ofafeather

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I tried my first bowl from the April 2022 release today. I found it to be very flat and one dimensional. I am not impressed at all.

By chance, did you smoke it from a pipe that you smoke a lot of various blends out of?

I’m no where near a Jim, but it’s certainly not a flat, one dimensional blend.

Don’t mix Aros and English/Lat blends in a pipe you smoke VAs/VaPers out of, if you are doing this. Of course some can and do, but if your taste buds aren’t as effective and sensitive, not such a good idea.