Watch City Vs Peretti Blends: What Are Your Favorites?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have not tried a Watch City blend but only live an hour or so away from their shop. What are your favorites? I enjoy Peretti's offerings and have only scratched the surface of what they offer. Here are my favorites...what are yours?

Peretti Tashkent
Peretti Royal
Peretti Cambridge Flake

So what are your favorites from each blender? Flake? English/Balkan? VaPer? VaOr? Aromatic?

Reactions: lightxmyfire

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Haven’t tried any of either of their blends but I’ve been considering some! so I’ll be watching this thread for peoples insight! Thanks for starting it!

Also interested in the Boston vs Boston aspect here, rare as it seems to have two great blenders in the same town these days!

Reactions: aquadoc

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I have only had Watch City and have enjoyed all of the following blends that I have tried so far:
  • Flake #558
  • Old Dominion
  • Rhythm & Blues
  • Simply Red
  • Watch City Slices
They have all been high quality and very flavorful. I definitely recommend the Watch City blends!

Reactions: NomadOrb

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I've only tried Watch City. The flavor is easy to pick out, and each blend has been extremely smooth and cool smoking.
I've had:
Nor'easter
Watch City Slices - my favorite
Deluxe Crumb Cut

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Haven’t tried any Watch City yet but I’m a huge fan of Peretti Tashkent and Oriental No. 40. I think Pride of Loch Lomond is pretty good, as is Royal and Dundee. 7485 is a great American English. And 333 is a damn good burley.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I haven’t tried any Peretti blends, but I’ll pile on and say that every watch city blend I’ve tried has been excellent, including:
Nor’easter
Old Dominion
Watch city slices
Simply Red

I love their “flakes”, which are really more like slices of crumble cake. Tasty and easy to prepare. I also think that Simply Red is one of the best ribbon cut VA blends out there today.

Looking forward to Halloween and picking up some Rouxgaroux, which is very highly regarded by many discerning forum members.

Reactions: Jwebb90

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The VA sampler and Flake sampler are a good way to taste-test some of the best Watch City blends

Reactions: wordheavy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Both superb tobacconists. Watch City - Simply Red, Rouxgaroux, Rhythm & Blues, Persian Slipper, Deluxe Crumble Cake, Watch City Slices, Spillsbane. Peretti - #8 Sliced, D-9507, Boston Slices, RCTR, 150th Anniversary and Cambridge Flake.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Ive tried Watch City's Old Dominion and 558, both excellent VA crumble cakes.

From Peretti, I enjoy Tashkent, Royal, Park Square, No. 52, D-9507 and Dundee. Royal is the greatest Balkan in the vein of Original Sobranie (White) available today, and Tashkent is a blend like no other. Peretti is king.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
From Watch City, have only tried Simply Red and Rouxgaroux. Both are very high quality; the Rouxgaroux isn't my favorite VaPer, but is very well done. I'm mostly waiting for them to have Simply Red up again.

As for Peretti, if you like Orientals mixed with a proper (and not obscene) amount of Latakia, run - don't walk - to their website and start loading up samples. I'm smoking some Tashkent now and it is amazing stuff. Royal is another top shelf blend. I enjoy D-9507 and Oriental no 40 when I'm looking for a milder (though flavorful) experience. Omega is great when I want a big punch of nicotine.

I believe much of my bulk purchases coming up will be Peretti. They're simply masters of the LatOr-centered blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.