PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowIronPiper87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2019
Central Illinois
Has anyone tried this blend? I have read that it is similar to Frog Morton Cellar. Unfortunately, FMC was long gone before I could ever try it and I have always wanted to know what it tasted like. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: seanv

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Has anyone tried this blend? I have read that it is similar to Frog Morton Cellar. Unfortunately, FMC was long gone before I could ever try it and I have always wanted to know what it tasted like. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I have some well aged FM & FMC if you would like a few bowls full? Haven’t yet tried this Watch City blend though.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Isn't this the replacement for Deep Elem? I think Deep Elem was a WCC blend with McClelland blending tobacco in it that was replaced with Terrapin Station when the McClelland supply ran out. Ernie at WCC has several blends that would be more than suitable alternatives to FMC. The WCC blends are fabulous, try an ounce or 2 of several. Peretti has some excellent blends as well if you're looking for a FMC replacement.

YellowIronPiper87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2019
Central Illinois
Isn't this the replacement for Deep Elem? I think Deep Elem was a WCC blend with McClelland blending tobacco in it that was replaced with Terrapin Station when the McClelland supply ran out. Ernie at WCC has several blends that would be more than suitable alternatives to FMC. The WCC blends are fabulous, try an ounce or 2 of several. Peretti has some excellent blends as well if you're looking for a FMC replacement.

This is the replacement for Deep Elem. I was just looking through their blends and found this one. I have always wanted to try FMC but I have not been willing to pay the astronomical prices on eBay for it whenever it is on there. This just seemed like a reasonable option. I was just curious if anyone had tried it and if it really was a close match. I'll take your advice and try several of there other blends as well. Watch City seems to be a very well liked company on this forum. Thanks for your input.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I have no idea how it compares to FM, which I've never tried (no interest), but it's a very nice blend in its own right. It's somehow dry and sweet at the same time, and I like the Lat he uses. Plus, I'll smoke anything with a Dead reference in the name. I second Hoosier's recommendation: try a bunch of the WCC blends, there's bound to be something you really like there. I don't like all the ones I've tried, but pretty damn close.

Status
Not open for further replies.