PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Would really like to try it before I order some. I have plenty of baccy to trade or something. Just a slice . Enough for a couple large bowls.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I dunno. I guess Watch City Slices is so good nobody wants to trade away any of it.

There are only 9 reviews at TR.com, but 7 are 4-star, and 2 are 3-star rated. So, not widely known, but apparently well received. If my experience with their Old Dominion and 558 is anything to go by, what they call slices are probably crumble cake, and not something you can slip into an envelope like thin flakes.
This is on my bucket list too.
But to the OP, why not just order 2 oz.? The postage is an issue you'd have to deal with even in a trade situation.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
what they call slices are probably crumble cake, and not something you can slip into an envelope like thin flakes.

Yep. WCS is not made from whole leaf and is more crumbly than 558. I'm not a huge burley fan, but this stuff is most assuredly worth laying hands on.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
This is what they looked like over a year ago when I bought my first two pounds. That's a 10" dinner plate in the photo.
img_1451-600x400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.