PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OwlTellYa

Might Stick Around
Jul 12, 2023
Upstate NY, USA
I have had more moments of “Wait! What the f** is that?!?” from Watch City blends than from any other source. The first time was last autumn with Rouxgaroux. The latest is today’s shipment of Old Black Magic.

I don’t like Latakia, but the notes said it was not detectable. I do think I smell it a bit in the bag, but I don’t taste it while smoking. This has a rich and cool smoke. (I’ve been mostly smoking lighter Virginias and Vapers lately.) I love the feel of the smoke in the mouth. (Is mouthfeel a thing?) I think I overpacked it because I have been having more difficulty keeping it lit than usual.

The flavor is something I haven’t experienced before. I’m not sure yet what I think—it’s the sort of thing that I think might grow on me, but I don’t really have a category for it. (I am still quite new to this all.) I will have to try again over the next couple of days with different packing, etc.

But my overall first impression is amazing.

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
I've not tried any of the Watch City blends but they do seem to be well regarded. Good to hear they are working for you. Figure out what you are tasting and report back.

Mouthfeel is a thing for sure.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Auxsender

Lifer
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I've not tried any of the Watch City blends but they do seem to be well regarded. Good to hear they are working for you. Figure out what you are tasting and report back.

Mouthfeel is a thing for sure.
Get into the Watch City blends. They are consistently the best American bulk* since 2018. Old Black Magic, as stated above, is so good as is Simply Orange and 558.

*In my opinion

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Get into the Watch City blends. They are consistently the best American bulk* since 2018. Old Black Magic, as stated above, is so good as is Simply Orange and 558.

*In my opinion
Simply Orange is definitely underrated and seems to fly under the radar...but maybe not anymore.