Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I smoked 2 bowls back to back on Wednesday. Has a great aroma - I had to hold myself back from eating it out of the bag!- and smokes well. Super high quality tobacco. Needed a good amount of drying time for me and I would probably dry it more next time. My wife loved the “room” note (I smoke outside, lol) It was not a favorite smoke for me probably because it’s not my style, but the burley is top notch. I would have preferred a little more of the topping to come through in the smoke, which may have held my interest more. YMMV. Definitely worth a try. I will try it again after more drying time.

Currently smoking Watch City Slices which I find more flavorful but my wife definitely noticed the difference in the room note! ? She called it right away. “That’s not one you’ve smoked before”.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've smoked at least a couple of pounds of it, and have cellared a few more. I highly recommend it. Here's my review:

The cube cut burleys are very nutty, woody, toasty, oat-like, and molasses sweet with a bit of earth, a little sugar, and a hint of cocoa. The woody, dry, earthy, floral white burley is a very minor player, but I get a bare hit of sharpness, and a savory note from it here and there. The unsweetened black cavendish offers a little brown sugar in the background. Has a very small amount of smoky, woody, earthy, musty sweet Cyprian Latakia. The vanilla topping is mild, while the couramin style top note (a tonka bean substitute) is mildly herbal and vanilla-ish. The licorice note is very light, but always obvious. The nic-hit and strength are a couple of steps past the center of mild to medium. The taste threshold is medium. Has very few minute rough edges. No chance of bite or harshness. Burns clean, cool and a little slow; smooth with a very consistent taste from start to finish, and beyond as the after taste and room notes pleasantly linger a mite. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, though it does require a few relights as the tobacco is a tad moist. Is an all day smoke that won't wear out its welcome.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I've smoked at least a couple of pounds of it, and have cellared a few more. I highly recommend it. Here's my review:
I always enjoy your reviews and read your review of this one many times. I love the hint of Latakia in this blend. I’ll have to give it another try.

I also love to read your “What are you smoking now” posts. Thanks for your amazing contributions.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I always enjoy your reviews and read your review of this one many times. I love the hint of Latakia in this blend. I’ll have to give it another try.

I also love to read your “What are you smoking now” posts. Thanks for your amazing contributions.
I thank you for the kind words, and am glad my work has been of help to you.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Well I had my first bowl and unfortunately my taste must be much different. I found it rough on my throat and sickeningly sweet. Oh well I’ll let it sit and try it later.
I haven't had the Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut, but have had and enjoy the Watch City Slices. Another burley blend that I have enjoyed lately that isn't overly sweet is Uhle's Crushed White Burley. Uhle's is also known for Burley, so check them out if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.