PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
I have more tobacco than I can smoke in my remaining years, unless I live til I'm 90. Despite that I want to order from Watch City one more time. I was going to add one more pound of Deluxe Crumb Cut to my hoard, but reading about Aromatic #7 I am intrigued.

I wouldn't mind a tobacco slightly more aromatic than DCC, but I still want it to be firmly in codger Burley territory. I also don't want to order a pound of it and then wish I'd just gotten more DCC.

So I wanted to pick you guys' brains on Aromatic #7. There isn't as much written on it as there is their other blends. Appreciate anything you can offer.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Why buy a pound to start off? Why not try a 2-4 oz sample and see if you like it

Ive never tried a Watch City blend but that's what Ive done with Wilke, Park Lane and Country Squire

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I've had several Watch City blends, and I would feel comfortable buying a pound of a new blend from them, assuming it sounded like something I'd like. Everything I've had has been that good.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Buying a pound is psychologically less painful with shipping, if you like the blend you needn't buy more for a while, and if you don't like it you have a blender.

I only ever bother trying blends that I've got good reason to believe I'll enjoy, and I usually just tack four ounces of whatever "new" blend onto another order I'm making. To me, four ounces is the sweet spot where I've got enough to smoke for a while if I like it, and I'm not at all worried about the ten bucks or so that I spent if I don't like it. Speaking of which, I'm going to need to order more Shepherd's Pie from Country Squire soon.

Reactions: logs
Status
Not open for further replies.