Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
wbs_0956-600x556.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
The rut starts in a day or two. Not gonna mess with more sheep. This guy looks like he is going to pass on some great genes. Also, more importantly, State Park, hunting by permit only and season ended a couple of months ago.
He's a bit young to compete. He'll be interesting to watch over the next couple of weeks.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Is photography what you do for a living? An do you have a website of more of your photos?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Yup. No website, people steal from websites and then you see one of your shots in a Bali cruise ad or some such. Agencies are the way to go, along with private sales. I'm fortunate that I have other income so I do not have to write, teach or guide tours in order to eat.
I post one here now and then in the hope that someone will see it and enjoy.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great pic....I'm stealing it!! :rofl:
Seriously though, great pic and gorgeous animal. All I get to look at when I'm in my office is cnc machines. :puffy:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
I won't say telephoto. It was a 600/f4, the new lighter one, on a D800 body (full frame camera). I think that body and lens is a perfect marriage of glass and body for large animals. The posted shot is actually a crop from a full body shot which filled the frame at maybe thirty yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.