Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Bought some tampers from an online vendor. I talking with him, and agreeing on the tampers, he asked if I would send it PayPal but use Family and friends option. I have done this a few times for other vendors with no issue. He sent me a picture of the tracking number with my zip code and it seemed cool. It was supposed to arrive today. It didnt. I tracked it and it says it was still at the originating location. Called the USPS. They indicated that it was mailed from a "self-serve" kiosk, and was never retrieved from the kiosk. It would have been scanned on Tuesday...or Wednesday...or Today. But it has not been. The alerted me that often times people will pay for the shipping and simply not drop the package in the kiosk. I paid $30, and the shipping was ~$2.50. Quick $27.50...Do you think I was duped? It's not a huge amount but still! I don't mind using F&F to help out but I guess never again. What do you guys think?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Not sure if you've been duped (yet), but NEVER... EVER agree to the PayPal Family and Friends option unless you know the seller. I, and many others here use that option when selling something on the site, but it's all a simple matter of trust amongst other fellow pipe smokers/members as screwing another member on this site would more likely than not get one ousted, and rightfully so.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
I guess I'll wait a few more days and see. Like I said I have used it with people in this community before with no issues.

xrundog

Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Some people print labels early but are a bit tardy with actual mailing. I don't like it either, but it happens.
Did you e-mail a query to the seller. Nothing wrong with a "What's up?" type question.
It's too early to make bad assumptions at this point.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
i did and was assured that it was mailed. But that and buck will get me...we not much.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Let us know what happens...or doesn't. It sounds like "friends and family" means just that, and only that.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I feel you concern. I am still waiting for my Bulwark Plug that was shipped the 11th supposedly. After many emails I finally received an email explaining a death in the family and they had not yet shipped. Obviously stuff happens, death being one of them but here we are at the end of the month, still no tracking number or response that it has actually been shipped. I dont really mnd delays if I am informed, what drives me nuts is just waiting. Luckily I used paypal.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
I came. No tracking info other than delivered. Why bother having a tracking system.my apologies for my dander getting ruffled.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've been getting a lot of USPS tracking numbers that never update from my ebay purchases recently. Maybe the post office is undergoing some sort of technology "upgrade".

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
USPS tracking is only bad because of the lazy idiots that work there. The technology is in place but the employees have to scan it. Too many are just lazy and figure it will get a hit on the next stop. The only thing most of them care about is how many days until retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.