PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
Just got a tin 2 weeks ago. Maybe I am too inexperienced with perique but after a few bowls in different pipes it still tastes like my dog ate a pound of bacon and i put bleu cheese on the turd and dried it out and smoked it. Anybody want this? Only 3 bowls smoked and I am done. Will use this to negate horrendous ghosts in my estate pipes I am restoring I guess. Really wanted to like this but too toe-cheesy for me. All palates are different, maybe some of you guys will love this... Not my cup of tea. Love to hear what anyone else says about it. No raisins no chocolate just bleu cheese and dog turd for me. Would love to know what Jiminks would say..... Anyway, cheers and happy New year to all. D.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I’ve been looking forward to trying this and Cloud Hopper, since trying The Haunting and really loving it. I hope my palate accepts it better than yours! Funnily enough, I know the flavor profile you’re talking about. A few C&D blends I’ve tried struck me the same way in the tin note, although in the bowl they fortunately tasted different to me. I’m waiting for a few things to come back in stock at SP, and then I’m going to order a tin of each Kings Stride and Cloud Hopper. Thanks for your review.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I’ve been looking forward to trying this and Cloud Hopper, since trying The Haunting and really loving it. I hope my palate accepts it better than yours! Funnily enough, I know the flavor profile you’re talking about. A few C&D blends I’ve tried struck me the same way in the tin note, although in the bowl they fortunately tasted different to me. I’m waiting for a few things to come back in stock at SP, and then I’m going to order a tin of each Kings Stride and Cloud Hopper. Thanks for your review.
Had a similar experience with Burley Flake #4. I had thought gouda, but blue cheese might be more accurate. It brought some serious funk. I didn't find it quite as distasteful, but I definitely had to be in the mood and I preferred burley #3 by a wide margain.

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
This was the one from the Warped line that I want to try though now I am a little less excited with the image of dog turds floating in my head.
Not trying to dissuade anyone to try it. Maybe "dog turd" was a little harsh. The guys from SP on youtube did a review
( with Jeremy Reeves) and they said "barnyard" , Chocolate etc. I, myself, got none of that. Unless " barnyard" means a cheesy poopy taste. The whole reason I bought it was the description of how they treated the cigar leaf in the blend..... My palate and nose screamed NO. Just my humble opinion
Might be someone elses cup of tea. Bleu cheese and bacon are certainly great flavors. Don't want that taste in my pipe though. Happy New Year to you and all. D.

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
Dog turd hell, this is good stuff, brother. puffy
I get no raisins or chocolate either, just earth, lots of it, and some peppery sweetness. Reminds me of Sam Gawith Brown #4. Certainly a stout blend, I think the more experienced smoker will appreciate this. Come back to it after some time, you may have a change of heart.

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
This blend is actually good for stepping on some" too sweet "aros I have laying around. Just too pungent by itself for me. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me. Giving it a chance as "stomp" so far...So far so good. Happy decade to all. D.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After that sales pitch, I suspect you are overplaying the delight to be expected from this blend. There are coffee beans sold at a premium price because they have been run through the digestive tracts of civet cats, so maybe this is along those lines. Pack it in the bowel of your pipe. People have made that typo in their posts from time to time. Well, here it is, for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.