PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I love British (and Irish) plugs and so I'm really excited about the new War Horse. A couple of questions for Dan and the others involved.
1. Is the planned fall release of War Horse for the plug/bar or for a ready-rubbed version?
2. What about Lady Nicotine? Everyone who's smoked the prototype has noted that the level of nicotine is fairly mild. Was this a conscious decision and is there any chance that the plug/bar will be stronger than the prototype? Would love to hear the principals' thoughts on this.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo pitch
Not a principal, but rather an avid student, of the STPs. The first release of War Horse is the Loose Cut, since the proper equipment to achieve the necessary process to form the bars is still being worked up. It may depend on expectations relative to the nicotine strength of WH, but I consider it definitely NOT fairly mild. I'm a nic-wimp: for instance most Dunhills give me a slight buzz. But some of the nic-studs that I puff with consider Five Brothers a mere bagatelle.
Plans for the Bar are that it will be stronger in both flavor and nicotine, partly due to the format having that general effect.
hp

les

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Pitchfork: while the loose cut may not have a strong nic-hit, the flavor certainly make up for it. I look forward to the bar version, too, but the loose cut sure is delicious.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I haven't been around for a while so firstly bravo on getting this done. Secondly how will I able to get my claws on this wonderful smoking revival?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The last I was told is that the entire line will be introduced at the Las Vegas show this Fall. War Horse Plug, however, is still a bit off while the guys wrap up the manufacturing details.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Jim, Jesse, thanks for the insight. Have heard nothing but good things about the flavor and the intensity of the flavor. Still wondering, though, if the modest level of N was by design -- certainly that will suit a number of smokers who generally avoid the high-octane stuff.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo pitch - some of the dynamics I see at the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club, where we have been treated to the progression of steadily improving versions, pit the two fanatic principals of STP pushing for palate stunning nicotine and taste for War Horse against the balancing ministrations of RussO, who weighs in for making it more agreeable to most of the rest of us puffers. Fun to participate and choose sides.
hp

les

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
yo les (been waiting to write that -- LOL),
That's very interesting. Not at all surprised to hear that, knowing that Simon, for one, likes the strong stuff.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Les has been witness to the whole crazy process that we now call Standard Tobacco of Pennsylvania, and his observations are spot on. Indeed, Russ has been a tempering influence on us, but we will be issuing a high-octane War Horse Bar once the process has been worked out.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo pitch
Re your "yo les (been waiting to write that -- LOL),
That's very interesting. Not at all surprised to hear that, knowing that Simon, for one, likes the strong stuff."
Not only that, he's addicted to Condor. And vintage meerschaums. But what do you expect of a puffer who speaks with that accent?
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.