PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barred-owl

Lurker
Feb 6, 2021
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I would like to find someone that can make for me a custom acrylic stem that will accept a 6mm charcoal filter and fit Missouri meerschaum filtered pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You don't have privileges to post in the classifieds area yet, and "wanted" ads aren't permitted. I'll move this to a discussion area, so members can give you some options/advice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is a tricky one. An outfit called Forever stems I dealt with before a change in management made acrylic stems, but they convert a filter pipe to a non-filter, and I think that may still be the situation. It worked for me, since I don't use the filters. I think a commission will do it, and it shouldn't be expensive. MM makes the special edition pipes with acrylic stems, but they don't accept filters.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I would like to find someone that can make for me a custom acrylic stem that will accept a 6mm charcoal filter and fit Missouri meerschaum filtered pipes.
There is a German company with a website called GERMANUS they sell custom MM pipes that take a 9mm filter. There are pictures of the pipes with custom stems. Not clear how they do this as the shank looks no different from filter MM's. Thinking of getting one myself. Worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.