Want some more of this perique virginia stuff!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I recently got some irish oak and am keen on trying more blends with perique in them. So whats some good blend to have a look at?

p.s sorry its in the wrong section :roll:

I just woke up, still getting used to the night shift!

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Good stuff ain't it?

Yes sir it surely is As we hardly see anything Apart from the standard otc tobacco down here i usually grab whatever rare tins on the shelf and this time The Peterson company have delivered, the last was Sherlock holmes Which didnt tickle my fancy

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Escudo

Solani 633

Esoterica Dorchester

Esoterica Dunbar

Reiner Long Golden Flake

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture (If they are even making this again)
And many more that escape me at the moment.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Laissez les bon temps rouler! I'm a big fan of the genre, so figured I'd chime in with a few favorites:

Escudo

H&H Anniversary Kake & LJ's Vaper & Frenchy's Sunzabitches

Daughters & Ryan SJ Rimboche

GLP Triple Play & Stratford

Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
hmm...that's all I have in the cellar at the moment...and if you're into a strong tobacco (which as i recall, you are, seanz) get some blending Perique and try it straight--it's quite a different animal outside of a blend. McLelland, H&H and C&D have great ones.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
@ yohanan: he he he...I edited my post because as soon as I posted it I remembered how wonderful Esoterica Dunbar is.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
OK, so I popped this tin of Escudo Navy deluxe I had based on this thread. Laid out one roll to dry here for a bit.
How do you load it ? Rub it out ? Stuff it ?

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Try it both ways Mick.

It does make a slight difference in the taste to me. I think the Perique is more pronounced when its rubbed out.

So my mood at the time dictates if I rub it or stuff it! (-;

Jul 15, 2011
I dont have a whole lot of experience with Vapers, but I will second OTDs recommendation of AJs Vaper. That is a damn tasty smoke and unique for a vaper. I've been looking to get my hands on a tin of Kajun Kake but have been low on funds here lately. My next paycheck is probably going to bring one hell of a TAD attack.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
C&D Bayou Morning (Bulk version is ribbon, a tinned flake is available as well). Bulk is very economical but still a premium product). Ribbon version is a daily morning smoke for me,

A variant - C&D Red Carpet - Red Virginia, Perique, Izmir Turkish - a class flake.
McClelland Blakeneys Best Arcadian Ribbon - 50 gr. tin. Nice blend but a bit more expensive.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Rubbed it out. Gravity in my Peterson 999. Little tamping after char. Liked it ! Very nice indeed.
I think I'm becoming a va/per guy.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
Not a VaPer; but if you like stronger tobaccos as was suggested above, and IF you like burley you might

consider Old Joe Krantz and/or Bayou Night--both have healthy amounts of Perique--coming in with slightly less

Perique is Haunted Bookshop--

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Thanks guys i have got some of GL peases selection on order and the best acadian so hopefully in a week or two or three(depending on customs) I will be kickig back to this stuff

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
OK so.. I missed out on that Peterson 408... and I'm on a VaPer hunt. So instead of PAD satisfaction, I'll use the same fund to satisfy my TAD ;-)
Here's my shopping cart:
GL Pease: Haddo's delight (see too much good comments on it to not order it) and Stratford (I want to try a straight VaPer from him)

C&D Sunday Picnic and Red Carpet

H&H AJ's VaPer (on OTD's recommendation) and Louisiana Red.
Gives me roughly 12 oz of a nice variety.
Thoughts ? Should I swap one out for another ?

Status
Not open for further replies.