PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Not sure I understand how you light it.
Lighting it took a minute to figure out.

Here’s the process.
1 - Open the bowl vertically.
2 - Load the bowl horizontally
3 - To light the pipe you turn the pipe around so the stem is upside down. This keeps the bowl on a horizontal plane.
4 - Once lit (standard draw and light) rotate the lid over the horizontal bowl
5 - Turn the pipe so it looks “normal”
6 - Smoke as you regularly would.
7 - If I was to even enter a “one match” slow smoke contest and could choose any pipe, this is the one I’d bring.

larry75

Lurker
Feb 6, 2023
Here’s a pipe with a solution that a simple wind cap solved, but adds to the mix with complexity.

The metal bore that connects the two half’s is rather large and when I initially pulled it as part had a coiled pipe cleaner in it. Obviously the pipe cleaner is used and heavily tarred, the pipe was still loaded with ancient tobacco that was fossilized.

The stem is rubber and the whole thing assembles into a unique contraption that vertically opens. The pipe is then loaded horizontally and to light it I turned the faux p-lip around, lit the pipe and rotated the bowl.

There are four holes in the “lid” for airflow.

I tried it with the coiled Falcon pipe cleaner and the airflow was garbage, then i removed the pipe cleaner and it smokes like a dream. An absolute dream.

I can actually see this becoming a favorite. I know, right.

The right side of the pipe lists Pat. Nov 23’ 09.

View attachment 76630View attachment 76631View attachment 76632View attachment 76633View attachment 76634View attachment 76635View attachment 76636
View attachment 76637View attachment 76638View attachment 76639View attachment 76640
I just pickedthe same pipe it is really dirty are these easy to disassemble and assemble I don't want to break it

Attachments

• 20230206_114210.jpg
    20230206_114210.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: Briar Lee

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The two piece bowl is held together by a hollow sleeve. It’s friction fit. Just take your time.

The stem is standard BUT one of mine had a factory lining where it had to be removed. Easy enough though.

The draft hole can be accessed with a pick

Reactions: Briar Lee

larry75

Lurker
Feb 6, 2023
The two piece bowl is held together by a hollow sleeve. It’s friction fit. Just take your time.

The stem is standard BUT one of mine had a factory lining where it had to be removed. Easy enough though.

The draft hole can be accessed with a pick
Thanks I got it I'll be cleaning this for a month

• Haha
Reactions: FLDRD and Briar Lee