PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
A huge loss. I have used Michael Myers at Walker (he's been a one man show) for making quality hand-turned replacement stems for high end pipes. Pure perfection and an old school attention to detail. He also gave out free advice to me about some very tricky technical repairs I have executed. Honestly, he is a legend in my mind. He loves fly fishing and here's to wishing him great times on the water and good health in retirement. He has earned it!

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
A huge loss. I have used Michael Myers at Walker (he's been a one man show) for making quality hand-turned replacement stems for high end pipes. Pure perfection and an old school attention to detail. He also gave out free advice to me about some very tricky technical repairs I have executed. Honestly, he is a legend in my mind. He loves fly fishing and here's to wishing him great times on the water and good health in retirement. He has earned it!
I concur completely. I have some pipes with him at the moment. He always does top-notch work and as far as I am concerned, a big loss to our community. Good luck and thank you Michael!

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Bummer. He restored my old man’s pipes back to their glory. Brought a tear to my eye. So does this news, but good for him to retire and do something else he enjoys

Reactions: newbroom

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
A huge loss. . . . wishing him great times on the water and good health in retirement. He has earned it!
Ditto. I just recieved a repair job from Mike and it's not my first. He does great work at a fair price. His communications are the best I've experienced anywhere. This repair was on a broken stem on a Peterson P-lip cigar holder. I dropped it and it broke. He fixed it and made a second stem that has a regular mouthpiece. I'm finishing a Quintero Breva in it right now. It keeps the cigar smoke away from my eyes when I'm smoking the final few inches on the cigar. Love it! Will miss Mike's work!
kindly
mike

Reactions: keith929

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Mike has been my go-to guy for repairs for several years now. He did an amazing job correcting an out of round bowl on a birth year Dunhill for me and an almost invisible splice of a broken shank on a fish-tail logo Barling. He was also very reasonable in price. Twice, he called me out of the blue to discuss what he thought needed to be done to fix a pipe or confirm my wishes for a repair.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There are a number of pipe repair services available. Just to start:
J. H. Lowe & Co. | Tobacco Smoking Pipe Maker - http://jhlowe.com/ Tim West, one of the best
and of course, George Dibos, georged on the forum, who is in a class of his own.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I’ve sent a number of repairs to WPR over the years and all came back in fantastic shape and with a superb attention to history and detail.

… this was after I sent a pipe to another pipe repair shop (with great advertising) that literally buffed a Barling logo off of a priceless collector’s piece (and, I’m sorry, but I’ve just never gotten over it).

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Over the years, I sent half a dozen pipes to Mike for repair and restoration. He was a complete gentleman and did superlative work. One pipe was a Dunhill I dropped, snapping off the tenon. He did such a good repair I forgot about it when I sold it to smoking pipes. To their credit and my chagrin, SP did see the repair and priced it accordingly! Credit goes to both Mike and SP Estates on that one.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I’ve sent a number of repairs to WPR over the years and all came back in fantastic shape and with a superb attention to history and detail.

… this was after I sent a pipe to another pipe repair shop (with great advertising) that literally buffed a Barling logo off of a priceless collector’s piece (and, I’m sorry, but I’ve just never gotten over it).
Dumb SOB's should have restamped it.