PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I hate it. You order something, and then you wait. Depending in where its from, maybe 2 days, maybe 10.
I bough a Cornelius Manz, tomorrow will be day 8, not too bad for international, but still stinks.
I also ordered some Smokershavens blends, should be here in a day or two, still stinks.
How do you feel about said waiting game?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I don't mind waiting at all, as long as I get my shipments eventually all is good!

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah, I complain but it actually builds up and makes for a joyous moment when it arrives. I am hoping that the Manz arrives tomorrow, or at least when the Exotique gets here. I really am excited to smoke that pipe!

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
In terms of tobacco, as long as I've got some great blends to keep me occupied while I wait, I can endure the time it takes to deliver (though admittedly the excitement is still present in my thoughts).
If we're talking pipes, however, I do seem to really not be able to think about much else until that box arrives.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
For me the worst part is watching the tracking...I watch it go past me and then come back...and get all anxious. If it's location was unknown I would just have to patiently wait instead of mashing the refresh button.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
If I'm waiting during my work week its not so bad because I don't have time to play anyway but if I'm off work not a big fan.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I have checked my mailbox just knowing the pipe would be in there, to no avail....

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I get anxious when I buy a pipe from outside the states. You never know what might happen in customs and trying to track the package with foriegn mail service. Not too anxious inside the states though except maybe a Dunhill or Rad Davis which are one of those pipes you just can't wait to get.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Mustanggt
Just wait until you buy a Roush, those were the longest two days ever... And I am waiting to jump on a second one from him.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I'm waiting for my order. First time I've purchased baccy online. I have orderd lots of hunting and fishing stuff, and yeah, I hate waiting lol

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I hate waiting for stuff in the mail. I'm very impatient. I bought two aged tins from Kevin off Briar Bid, and even thought I'm not gonna open them yet, the wait is killing me.

treebarksap

Lurker
Jan 7, 2013
The least amount of waiting I have experienced in the past few years has been 26 days. Usually it is more. That's also with express international. Who knows what regular post is, but I don't have the nerve or the patience to test it out.

I am living in Brazil and the international post is a pretty low priority. The only reliable way to get something on time is by FedEX or other private courier, but then the price skyrockets or it's not an option. There's a package waiting for me in customs right now, in fact. A week and a half and counting.

Anyone want to hear about the time I spent $200 on pipe cleaners? Seriously. There were two pipes in the package which didn't get taxed because those bundles of pipe cleaners were so exciting.

My eyes still water every time I clean my pipes...

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Ive got 10ounces of baccy and a brand new vauen on the way and i am pestering the other half all day long about the mail lol

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Damn! Checked today, still no go. I really hope it era here tomorrow, that's ten days. If not, I have to wait two more because of Sunday. Damn you international mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.