PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I restored this Yello-bole pipe going on two years ago, and was kinda waiting for the right time to finally smoke it. I was so excited after all the hard work of getting it clean and in like new condition.
Well the time has finally come. Turns out that taking the garbage to the curb was this special moment I've been waiting for....
Either way, I'm glad I did. It smokes just as nice as I had hoped. It's nice and short, light, and has a nice big bowl. Nearly smokes itself.
I (re) broke it in, with a bowl of Carter Hall, mixed with Butternut Burley. A favorite blend I've had sitting in a jar for over a year untouched.
This will be a daily smoker for me.
IMG-20190121-185720.jpg

IMG-20190121-190706.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Nice job on the resto. The pipe deserved a new lease on life, it’s a beauty.
Sometimes the time is not now, and sometimes it is.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hahaha hahaha. You can always send me a Dunhill, and any "real" tobacco you smoke and I'll gladly review it! Haha
And I'm still waiting for a pipe pin, and add a wedding ring for me to that as well. :puffy:
And Davet, I'm glad I didn't have my prescription sunglasses like those ones on too.... Hahahahaha. Not a joke though ...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
No I'm married. But I lost my ring years ago. I've seen your work. And since YOU won't propose to me, I'll just take one of your rings instead...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hahaha
AND I do have some MacBaren Burley Flake being sent to my house to try too. Who knows, maybe I'll move up in the tobacco world.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There was a similar sentiment in a thread where folks were storing up blends to enjoy 'when the time is right'. But you aren't guaranteed any more time than what you have. Glad you are enjoying the pipe you did an excellent job of refinishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.