PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
We purchased a Broilmaster NG Grill in January. Said it’d be delivered in 4-6 weeks… then June, and now October. Purchased a La-Z-Boy sectional in May… similar evolving schedule, and now early 2022. Both made in the USA. Neither paid in full, just down payments. Not complaining as I know that manufacturing and sourcing materials have been hit hard by COVID, but interested in what others might be waiting on…

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
That kiseru I bought from a site that was linked here weeks ago. Yeah, the site did say they'd be using the post, so I assumed it wouldn't be fast, but so far, nothing, not even a tracking number. I'm just about to chalk it up as a loss.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72 and STP
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Things are pretty messed up in a lot of industries that need raw material. My neighbor owns an independent hardware store and he tells me all of the things that have been hit or miss on his vendors. Anything with steel, forget about it.

I ordered my Weber propane grill and a Weber Smokey Mountain 22 inch from him and he had to call around to try and find that smoker. So many places had lead times months out but he tracked one down in a few days for me. Otherwise I'd be in the same boat waiting.

Reactions: JOHN72 and STP

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Things are pretty messed up in a lot of industries that need raw material. My neighbor owns an independent hardware store and he tells me all of the things that have been hit or miss on his vendors. Anything with steel, forget about it.

I ordered my Weber propane grill and a Weber Smokey Mountain 22 inch from him and he had to call around to try and find that smoker. So many places had lead times months out but he tracked one down in a few days for me. Otherwise I'd be in the same boat waiting.
Our last grill finally died after 17 years, so we weren’t too bummed. We just wanted a quick replacement, which isn’t happening. We’re glad that we didn’t pitch an old table-top charcoal Hibachi Grill. It still works on a limited scale w/hamburgers and hotdogs ?

Aug 1, 2012
Marty Pulvers just sent my package yesterday. Should be here Tuesday. Not too long a wait for me. Also waiting for some 9mm range ammo which hasn't shipped yet.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Yep, still waiting for my 1965 Dunhill shell Dublin I recently posted in the IEEA section .
The UK seller shipped it the 21 june and it is held by customs since 24 june . Delay can be up to 30 days !
It is a bloody disgrace. Dutch Post points the finger at customs and vice versa.
Good things come to those who wait and my patience is wearing thin :(

Status
Not open for further replies.