PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
So I've recently aquired Larsen's perfection, signature, and 2013 blends and I cant tell definetively whether ther're in airtight packaging or not. I have a some Peterson seasonal blends which I've read about not being vaccum sealed and or in an airtight celophane. Just need to know if they are ok in the tins or need to be in jars...thanks

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I put mine in jars just to be careful. I have had one in a jar for a year and it came out just like the fresh one I opened when I first bought them.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
They are OK for a while in the bags they ship in, but I would certainly transfer them before the 6 month mark. That's the longest I've gone before transferring any W.O. Larsen blend. YMMV
-Jason

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I just opened a tin of Signature. The bag inside is vacuum sealed, just like a bag from Esoterica. I opened mine, because I started smoking it today. But I would have no issues whatsoever in storing it just like I do my Esoterica bags. . . which means putting the bag in the cellar and forgetting about it. I've never heard of an Esoterica bag failing -- haven't ever experienced it myself either -- and I have no qualms whatsoever about treating them (and the Larsen bags) just like a sealed tin.
Bob

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
Thanks guys! Normally i wouldn't have an issue with storing them in mason jars but i'm deploying soon and dont want to be traveling with glass in my bags or anything excess i don't need...prob keep them in their tins until I'm ready to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.