PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
I am in Virginia Beach / Newport area for business. Looking for good recommendations on shop.
Thanks Bryan

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Hey Bryan,
Born and raised in the area, currently living in Portsmouth. Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay. Emerson's is the best place in Hampton Roads, IMHO. They have a few locations including Hampton, Norfolk, Chesapeake and VA Beach. Just google Emerson's cigars for all the info you need. My local spot is the Emerson's in Greenbriar. I know pretty much all the guys over there and they are extremely good people. Pipes and pipe tobacco selection are sub par but not terrible. They have a nice smoking lounge area with 6 or 7 comfortable leather chairs and 2 flatscreens as well as 2 separate tables with 3 or 4 chairs around each. Also a kitchen type area with sink and all and a Coke vending machine. WONDERFUL selection of cigars as well, they got that covered. There is another shop in Suffolk called Bond's, but I'm not a big fan of the customer service there and their pipe and pipe tobacco selection suck so they do not get my business. The owner had some type of issue with Padron and they don't even carry their cigars in the store....that's a deal breaker right there for me.
Hope this helps!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Sure thing, brother, hope you make it out to one of the locations and enjoy yourself while you are here!
Jeremy, hurry up and get back across the pond so i can have a pipe compadre to post up at Emerson's with, haha! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.