PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathpiper

Lurker
Oct 23, 2017
I recently picked up these beauties from an estate buy. I was wondering if anyone could help with identification thanks Estate Pipes
(I tried to fix the link- still doesn’t work...Zack)
(Fixed, thanks to nevadablue ~Javan)

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
It isn't nice to call the link 'invalid'. It is simply tired maybe.
OK, what did you get?
I think I woke it up. Try this
https://youtu.be/hUkV0mOrzik
If you didn't pay too much, it looks like you did well.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks Nevada.
@Heath: I can't make out all of the stamping ("nomenclature" in the pipe world), but from what I saw:
The 1st bulldog looks like "Aiwon". If so, there are two listed in the book, "Who Made that Pipe".

One was made by in France by a company called "LaBruyere 1925"

The other was made by Civic in England. Your video mentions France.
On the billiard stamped "Signature", there are four companies that used that name, the country of origin would narrow that down.
The Medico Crest was made by SM Frank in New Jersey.
All should restore nicely, from what I see in your video.

heathpiper

Lurker
Oct 23, 2017
Thanks everyone , I actually got all of them including the stand for free, I was working near this guys shop and we talked for a bit and I caught it out of the corner of my eye . He was nice enough to give it to me he just wanted it gone. The aiwon actually has France stamped on the bottom of the stem but it's hard to make out in the video. The signature I'm mostly interested in because of the initials on the stem I may know who it belonged to providing it was made during his lifetime. Again thanks for the help .

heathpiper

Lurker
Oct 23, 2017
I originally thought the billiard was made by Larus and Bro but there's no "L" stamped on it anywhere . Do you know what the other three companies are? Thanks

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
In the first postwar illustrated Civic catalogue there are a Aiwon briar - it is made in France. Price 3/6 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.