PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
20200130_020506.jpg
My buddy recently scored a stack of 2004 Benjamin Hartwell Chesdin Mixture from McCranie's and split a tin with me last night. This is by far the most aged tobacco I've ever had the pleasure of puffing! Aroma was instantly recognizable as McClelland's Frog Morton... maybe On The Town? Interesting to see Altadis branded on an obviously McC made product. Also saw where KBV just posted some from the same lot on his page last night... I'm never quick enough to order anything from him, so I'm glad we found some locally! Anyone else familiar with these McClelland produced Benjamin Hartwell tins?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I had a tin that I smoked a few months ago. It was from 2006 I believe (don't remember the date on the bottom, but it was from around that time).

I thought that it was a solid blend, but to me it didn't remind me of Frog Morton in any way.

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I had a tin that I smoked a few months ago. It was from 2006 I believe (don't remember the date on the bottom, but it was from around that time).

I thought that it was a solid blend, but to me it didn't remind me of Frog Morton in any way.
Interesting... I feel that it's a bit sweeter and missing some of the oriental influence, but still fits in the family. I also feel the same about Coyote Classic so I may not be the best judge. My experience with the frogs is limited to a couple bowls of each, so I'm definitely no expert. It just seems like the the same component tobaccos and similar top notes to me.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like to happen up on unattainable blends. I have an older tin just received as a Christmas gift, of Dunhill Durbar that should be truly interesting. A Forums member sent me a big tin of Frog Morton Cellar while it was still available; that was a stellar blend to me. Some didn't like it, but to my taste, it was excellent, a truly exciting smoke.

• Love
Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
View attachment 17655
My buddy recently scored a stack of 2004 Benjamin Hartwell Chesdin Mixture from McCranie's and split a tin with me last night. This is by far the most aged tobacco I've ever had the pleasure of puffing! Aroma was instantly recognizable as McClelland's Frog Morton... maybe On The Town? Interesting to see Altadis branded on an obviously McC made product. Also saw where KBV just posted some from the same lot on his page last night... I'm never quick enough to order anything from him, so I'm glad we found some locally! Anyone else familiar with these McClelland produced Benjamin Hartwell tins?
so the "warehouse" KB found was McCranies?

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I like to happen up on unattainable blends. I have an older tin just received as a Christmas gift, of Dunhill Durbar that should be truly interesting. A Forums member sent me a big tin of Frog Morton Cellar while it was still available; that was a stellar blend to me. Some didn't like it, but to my taste, it was excellent, a truly exciting smoke.
Durbar is my favorite oriental mixture, hands down! Great score!

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.