PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I just got this in today and went ahead and lit this up before I head to work. I personally think this is a great Danish style English. To me I think its a nice blend for people wanting to get into more English style blends without jumping straight in. It is kinda light on the latakia, but offered just enough to have a smooth, slightly smoky, and creamy taste that went very well with the viginia/oriental tobaccos. It has a nice mellow sweetness that sticks around the whole bowl and puts out a great room note. I don't typically smoke English blends around my wife, but this one she said smelt much more pleasant than the rest(which is a huge plus lol). Chelsea Morning is my usual go to morning tobacco, but I can definitely say I'm going to be rotating between the two now. All I can say is pick up a tin and try it out; its only $5.85 on smokeingpipes.com so it's not like its going to break budgets lol. I'm really looking forward to trying the rest of the 3 blends throughout the day today.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
And now I must purchase Early Day, too. I have Late Night. In fact, I'm smoking it right now. When you get to it, let me know what you think of it!

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I've just been given a couple of bowls of this blend - straight from the IPCPR

event. The tin description is: Mature golden Virginias blended with Oriental leaf and Latakia from the Balkan region. The rich share of Latakia makes this blend a true English classic with a characteristic smoky room note. It starts out very mild and rather understated, but by mid-bowl it becomes quite flavorful with smooth Virginias and Oriental varietals. The Latakia is a minor player in this blend, but does lend character to the smoke. It's really more of an Oriental than an English, to me and continues to develop thru out the smoke. This one's a keeper and I'll be looking for a few tins to put back in the cellar

Status
Not open for further replies.