New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nov 30, 2021
Part I: The Today's Conquest
I have been a dedicated customer at Victory for some time now. The following is an excerpt from my Google Review of today's trip: Today I purchase the house blend "Son of Nutcracker" hoping for a "Christmas-y" blend and wow does this ever deliver! The initial flavours are almost like a light pastry with the tailing notes are where the spices I was after coming in, and delightfully linger on my tongue for some time. It's one of the best house blends I've tried, precisely what I was hoping for and I can't recommend it enough for someone interested in a "Holiday Pipe Experience"! It's rare to have one's hoped-for consumer expectations so thoroughly blown away!

All the listed flavour notes are present: sweet almond, black vanilla, and a lovely brandy note. The tailing notes are where this blend really impresses me though. I wanted something with a "holiday spice" flavour and that comes in loud and clear (but subtly, gently, rather than overpowering). It is listed as a mix of "Mild black, Golden Cavendish, Golden Virginia and triple-A Burley."

I typically favour their house blends as you get 50g (~1.8oz) for $35 CND with essentially all of their house offerings, and they beat the mass-market brands in nuance and quality every time. Other must-tries include "Brigham's Own", "Mark Twain", and "Ancient Secrets" if you're a chocolate lover.

Part II: Praise For The Establishment Overall
The shop itself is tiny, but that's part of its charm. They have a walk-in humidor for cigar lovers as well, and I never wonder, as I do with most mass-market varieties "When did this last see the inside of a humidor?" Every batch of their house blends comes in a sealed envelope easy to keep moist with the usual tools, and comes to be initially at the perfect moisture level every single time.

I've been to many tobacconists and this is, hands down, the best I've encountered. Their customer service is tremendous, they are genuinely kind people and there's not a shadow of doubt in my mind that they know precisely what they're doing, and they're doing a damn fine job of it.

The shop also boasts...pretty much everything I want for Christmas from Scotch Glasses to extremely reasonably priced arrays of pipes of every possible quality, and even, relevant to my specific circumstance as someone who uses a cane as much as a fashion accessory as a mobility aid (especially in this winter of ours), they have a lovely selection of fine canes, and my current Everyday Carry (EDC) cane is from their wares.

I genuinely cannot say enough kind words for these fine individuals, and if you're ever in the vicinity, shocking as it is to hear, this is one place in Oshawa worth stopping by to check out for yourself! Tell them "Dave sent me!" and they'll welcome you like family, I have no doubt!

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
As a new pipe smoker in the Toronto area, I too have shopped at Victory Pipes and have been very impressed with their prices, selection and customer service. I also recently bought some Son of a Nutcracker blend and second Mycroft's opinion - it is a delicious tobacco. They also have a cigar store at the same location. The staff are very friendly and always happy to answer questions from a newby such as myself. I will be a returning customer for certain!

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
I bought a Brigham poty from them last year via phone. I have to say, they are some of the nicest, most helpful folks you’ll ever want to do business with.