PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I wanted to share a special moment with all of you. On Friday Dec 7th my son Joshua graduated from the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy (Police Academy). I had the honor of pinning his badge while I wore my Sheriff's Office uniform. Josh nearly brought me to tears when I thanked him for the honor of pinning his badge, he said to me, "... you're very welcome. I've been waiting for this day for a long time to have you pin my badge on me and I'm glad you could be there with me."
I can now proudly say I have two hero's for sons, one a firefighter, and one a police officer/deputy. I think this calls for opening a tin of something special.
pinning-josh-600x450.jpg

pinning-josh-2-600x450.jpg

josh-and-i-600x450.jpg

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations. I know that moment was very special to both you and your son. I know you are very proud of your son.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
What an honor. From the photos I can really tell you and your son are proud of each other.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
Gecko13, you have every right to be proud. Its nice to see all your hard work and love paid off in a big way! Congrats :puffy:

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
what a great moment and a great memory! kudos, sir. you've clearly raised two (at least!) good kids.
be well,

doody

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Really really really amazing moment Geck. Congrats on this but also on apparently raising a son of honor. Really cool....

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Congratulations.
Also, well done in producing a son that is SO much better lookin' :wink: !

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
What a great moment for you both! Really like the picture of the two of you embracing. Thanks for sharing! :puffpipe:

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Congratulations and thank you for a very moving post. I live in Iowa as well and wish your son a long and successful career.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Wow.
That second pix - damn, there must've been some pollen or dust in the air. My eyes started blurring and I had to find some Kleenex.
Gecko, when guys like us put kids like ours out there in the world I just know we'll be okay in the long run.
Fnord.

Status
Not open for further replies.