PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Ok, so, I used to drink beer. Sometimes I even drank in public. Once I went to a 'pub' with a weekly trivia contest as a guest of regulars. We all got stupid, or at least I did. I was having a blast, until about 2 hours in, the waitress announced to our table that there was no more Budweiser.

I was amazed that a thriving establishment like this one appeared to be, could run out of the most iconic beer in my memory.

It seemed ridiculous.

Counter to 'good buisness'.

I am thinking of this experience as I check for pipe cleaners on pipes and cigars dot com. I've had pipe cleaners on order from them for over a month and still they show that they have none. We're tawkin...pipe cleaners. The regular sized bj longs.

Don't have.

Guess who does? About everybody else. I wonder why?

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
You can't force people to do business with you. That's one of the lessons 20 years as a professional renovator has taught me.
I bought all the 1/32" adhesive spreaders from my local hardware store, over a period of about 2 months. Next time I went in, a few weeks later, they had none. I asked why. "We sold them all."
Right. So..... bring in .... more? That's how this works.
They never did bring in more - they wanted to sell the 1/4" ones that I couldn't use. So... fine. I buy elsewhere.
Same with 80 grit sanding belts. Bought 'em all, went back for more... they had 220 grit. Great, except, I need 80 grit. Eventually that store went under. Wonder why?
I do business with people who show that they want to do business with me. It ain't that hard.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to buy all my BJ Long pipe cleaners at PC. Now since they no longer carry them, I bought from 4noggins. Since I always want free shipping, I also bought a bunch of Obidisian stem oil.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I run an engineering and surveying firm in Alaska and I run into this constantly, particularly administratively with services like background checks and staffing agencies. It is especially frustrating when instead of explaining or simply asking for more time, people will just stop answering calls/emails. I don't understand how any human in the world of gainful employment can find this to be a reasonable course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.