PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Before I'd won a nos 80'S Venini smooth 1/4 bent Apple on ebay, I hadn't heard the name before.

I've now got five Venini's.

If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll show a few.
Good looking pipes. The three that are in my rotation are good smokers. Three take a pipe cleaner through to the draught hole, two don't. [More of an annoyance than anything].
The ebay seller that I won three of the Vennini's now sells of a website, www.markenpipes.com has a bent Billiard and an Apple for $33 & $35. Postage is $8 so it's a bargain.

Check them out and hopefully someone will save me from acquiring more pipes that I don't need by buying them. [It's ridiculous, I already have both shapes. PAD, what can I say?]
Has anyone else heard of Veninni briars or own one perhaps?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019

Ok, that didn't work .......

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
As you can see, I bought two half bent Apples. Love the shape. They've all got thick chamber walls.
Are great smokers & except for the maroon bent Rhodesian, they all take a pipe cleaner through to the draught hole.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Nice pick ups and at great prices too!
Thanks. The first 3 I bought when I was building a rotation of pipes.

Since writing the above posts I've broken in 2 more, so 5 are now in my rotation.
I've found that two of them that didn't initially take a pipe cleaner through to the draught hole, do if I pass the pipe cleaner down the stem [which puts a curve on the cleaner] remove it then turn the cleaner upside down, it will then pass through the draught hole.

The bent maroon Rhodesian however; it looks like the pipe maker was having a bad day. The draught hole is nowhere near center. None-the-less, it's also a good smoker.

Reactions: python

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Those are beauties! Thanks for the heads up. I’ve never heard of the brand but will definitely look into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.