PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Back on April 11, I spotted a a Savinelli pipe that really caught my eye, and I submitted an order for it. I was psyched, because this was to be my first Savinelli pipe - my first really nice pipe. But the pipe has never arrived. I've contacted their "customer service" department twice about the problem, but haven't gotten any response from them to my requests for help. And adding insult to injury, after I placed my order, they put me on their mailing list. What, like I'm supposed to order something more from them when they never sent my first order and never answered my requests for help on my missing order??
I know that Vegas Smokes has recently gone through a management change, and I understand that paperwork glitches can happen with big transitions like that, but c'mon, guys - I've asked for help twice since the management change. That's not something that can be explained by a management transition.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sorry to hear this, but I've sadly never heard any postive comments about VegasSmokes and only issues like this. Perhaps the new folks will improve the level of service, but I won't be the guinea pig. Let us know how it works out.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Good luck, man! Thats pretty irritating, and I hope everything works out for ya.
-Jim

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Sorry your having a problem like this, frustrating.
I suggest you contact what ever credit card company you used and ask to have that payment be reversed because of fraud.

Then I would write a letter similar as above and send it to VegasSmokes, with copies to head offices of Savinelli pipes, VISA, MASTER CARD, AMEX, PAYPAL, and better business bureau.
None of the businesses mentioned above want this type of publicity.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Oh and I should mention for a certain person's benefit that the first five words explain the rest of the post.......... :nana:

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Update - I followed barkar's suggestion to contact Savinelli about the problem. They immediately stepped up to the plate to help, and they say that they should be able to get the problem resolved by next week.
I'll keep folks posted.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I wish I had ran across this thread before I made my order back in June. I placed an order on the 21st(Wednesday) and got confirmation they had received it and nothing else since then. I didn't get a tracking number nor any emails that it had shipped even days later. Finally, I emailed them this past Sunday and indicated I had not gotten any info from them about the shipping of the order. I've heard nothing. So, today I emailed them again and gave them the option of letting me know if it had shipped or a tracking number or I was going to dispute the order with my credit card company and let the Nevada BBB know of my discontent with this company.
That email went out about 2:00 today and I still haven't heard a word. I checked them out on the Internet and it seems there's been quite a few discontents with this company and some have written to a website called ripoffreport.com. The charges for the order cleared my credit card a week ago. What I find rather funny is that they've sent me several emails which was nothing more than advertisements...like I'd order from them again.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I just deleted them from my bookmarks of prospective places to buy from.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I ordered one pipe from that guy a long time ago and the service was very shitty. Never again.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Fred@VegasSmokes actually used to run a great little B&M here in Vegas many years ago. But I think that website needs to come down. I don't even know if he is in Vegas anymore. If he is, he must be running his pipe business out of a garage somewhere. I'd suggest Buyer Beware.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Another day and I still haven't heard back from them. Tomorrow I go to the credit union where I got the card and tell them the story on this. We need to get our money back.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Just an update on this fiasco. I had written them a nasty gram Sunday and they finally responded today. I was told by a guy named George that he was having the shipping department track the order and "Should the package prove to be lost we’ll gladly send a replacement." I wrote back and told him if it had shipped there should be a tracking number like I requested a week ago but he didn't send one.
I talked with my credit union today and was told to give it to Monday since they did give an order number and if nothing shows up we could proceed with a dispute and fraud report. I feel they're just putting me off telling me they'll track the order.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Yep, in fact an F rating.
http://www.bbb.org/southern-nevada/business-reviews/cigar-and-cigarette-and-tobacco-dealers-retail/vegas-smokes-in-las-vegas-nv-65380

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
That stinks they are the only place I have been able to find a Stanwell pipe I have been looking but I am not taking the chance ordering from them.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
They're not in Nevada anymore...I can see why. They've moved to FL according to my credit union statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.