PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Recently stumbled upon a boxed vauen Gandalf pipe locally. Despite being from NZ, I have zero interest in the Lord of the Rings, but i thought it might be something of interest to someone. What do these go for these days?

I’d be tempted to get it for my brother as he is a fan of the books and movies, and somewhat intrigued by pipe smoking, but I fear it would just sit on the shelf. I’d be better off to lend him a cob and a few blends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Recently stumbled upon a boxed vauen Gandalf pipe locally. Despite being from NZ, I have zero interest in the Lord of the Rings, but i thought it might be something of interest to someone. What do these go for these days?

I’d be tempted to get it for my brother as he is a fan of the books and movies, and somewhat intrigued by pipe smoking, but I fear it would just sit on the shelf. I’d be better off to lend him a cob and a few blends.
Prior to a licensing issue Vauen had a few models with LOTR names. They changed the names due to legality and I've seen the originals up to $500 on ebay.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
This could b u

a91kF_d.webp

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
I have one of the more recent Vauen Churchwarden pipes, plus stand. Very nice bookshelf decoration, but (as I almost expected when I ordered it): I hardly ever smoke it. Now if I had a fireplace smoking-space it would be a different story, but for a quick outdoors smoke in winter it is just a bit too complicated and cumbersome.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have one of the more recent Vauen Churchwarden pipes, plus stand. Very nice bookshelf decoration, but (as I almost expected when I ordered it): I hardly ever smoke it. Now if I had a fireplace smoking-space it would be a different story, but for a quick outdoors smoke in winter it is just a bit too complicated and cumbersome.
We had a forum member that made stands for them.

Photo 02-04-15 08 02 18.jpg