PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
So, I have never tried Ascanian 1 or 2. #2 sounds like it would be right up my alley. Given that Estervals is no longer shipping to the US, are there any other options for Americans interested in ordering this tobacco?
At the moment there just isn't a good option. Hopefully this changes in the near future.

Reactions: musicman

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
@karam

I have blends with dark fired in them that I like such as HH Acadian Perique, WCC Slices, & Savinelli 145 Anniversary but I'm looking for blends without it right now.

I also really like red but when there's a lot of it I have a problem with bite. Even a great blend like WCC Rougaroux I have to be careful with and I can only smoke a smaller amount at a time. Pure reds are out of the question. I do okay with smaller percent red blends.

@RookieGuy

It just didn't really wow me. It seemed like it needed something, "oomph" might be right.

@jcsoldit

That's probably my favorite WCC blend and I have several pounds of it cellared.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
At the moment there just isn't a good option. Hopefully this changes in the near future.
Actually you can order directly from Dan Tobacco and shipping starts at $32. They also sell all the HU blends they produce. Dockworker, Haymaker and Flanagan flake are must tries.

Reactions: MattRVA

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
It's no secret, I love Dan Tobacco Ascanian No. 2. I'm well stocked but I am starting a search for another blend in the genre that's readily available. What I think makes this blend work for me so well is the VA is aged plus the Perique is nicely plummy.

I'm not looking for a replica but just something in the area. I'm considering taking a chance with Galloping Gertie or maybe Light of the Universe. I already have some Orion's Arrow which is nice but somehow not "enough". Anyone have any other ideas?
I would try Dockworker and Flanagan Flake. While Dockworker is burley based and Flanagan Kentucky/Virginia the oriental components are similar to the orientals in Ascanian no 2. They all have a Dan Tobacco signature oriental taste while being different. Docker worker is much sweeter and Flanagan I find stronger, but they are like cousins. Different but similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.