PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
Wow that Stone Haven went high an fast. I have 7 unopened bags of penzance and 5 of Stonehaven.
Out of mere curiosity; what is the going value of each bag?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I never pay more than $28/bag at my local B&M, though I have seen them sell around $110-$150 online.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Wow that Stone Haven went high an fast. I have 7 unopened bags of penzance and 5 of Stonehaven.
Depends on how desperate someone is to obtain and smoke them. $100 to $150 per 8oz bag on the secondary market isn't uncommon, and I've seen these go for more. Personally I wouldn't consider paying that, and while I haven't been able to match Chasingembers prices at his local B&M, I haven't paid more than the high 30's for any of mine. 8oz for mid to high 30's doesn't really bother me since we pay $9 to $12 for 1.75oz of any number of tinned blends. At least I don't have to think about it anymore since I've cellared enough over the years.
What shocks me are prices like $100 to $140 and much, much more for vintage Escudo.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
At least in my opinion, vintage Escudo would be worth the dough.

I’d love to see Esoterica at my B&M, but no chance where I’m at. Getting Dark Star on the shelves was cause for celebration.

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
I’d buy Penzance if it was cheaper than “on sale” 965 bulk after stacked p&c discount codes...

Jun 27, 2016
There was a thread last year or so, following $100 tins and $300 bags of 'zance on ebay. Also, the thread about the $100 empty Penzance bags being sold on ebay generated some excitement. :puffy:

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Interesting eBay find. Description reads:
Sealed for collecting
s-l1600.jpg

Oct 7, 2016
The last bags of Penzance and Stonehaven I bought from online tobacconist's were $49.95,which is said to be MSRP. Both places had other ET in stock at under $40. I was able to combine some other stuff at one place and get free shipping, so there was that.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Chasingembers: you must tell us of your sources for $30 bags of The good stuff, Iwan Ries in Chicago has had inventory and Uhles in Milwaukee too, for the walk in customer. But they are charging a lot more than a few years ago, they get many calls looking for the stuff, they know the demand. it wouldn’t surprise me if they were the sellers on ebay on said unobtanium tobaccos. You must have the luck of the Irish or something.

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
- How bout smokin the stuff stead o sellin it? -
Gotta be honest with ya mate; I just don't find it that excitin. Better blends availavle

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Chasingembers: you must tell us of your sources for $30 bags of The good stuff, Iwan Ries in Chicago has had inventory and Uhles in Milwaukee too, for the walk in customer. But they are charging a lot more than a few years ago, they get many calls looking for the stuff, they know the demand. it wouldn’t surprise me if they were the sellers on ebay on said unobtanium tobaccos. You must have the luck of the Irish or something.
No luck to it. Call every B&M you can get the number to and you find gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.