PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
That one's not a VaPer
How so? If you truly want to consider the 0.0000001 of Latakia in it to not call it a Va/Per than by all means. One would not know it's even in there if it wasn't mentioned by Greg himself.

I'd say Fillmore and C&D CRF w/Perique if you can find it.

Most Va/Pers are generally a mix though of bright/red/brown VA with perique.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have the following Vapers in my cellar and none have any significant amount of reds as I wouldn't be able to smoke them.
I have:
2008 and 2012 Escudo
2011 and 2012 Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
2002 and 2012 Solani 633
2012 Samuel Gawith St James Flake
2016 Curly Block
2016 Salty Dogs
2015 I think, too lazy to look. Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

Reactions: dcon and jyrreb

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have the following Vapers in my cellar and none have any significant amount of reds as I wouldn't be able to smoke them.
I have:
2008 and 2012 Escudo
2011 and 2012 Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
2002 and 2012 Solani 633
2012 Samuel Gawith St James Flake
2016 Curly Block
2016 Salty Dogs
2015 I think, too lazy to look. Savinelli Doblone d'Oro
These all have reds. God dang man
You’re just continually trying to prove there’s no such thing as a red VA “allergy”

Reactions: rushx9
I would encourage anyone interested in Fillmore to first scan the reviews at https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2696/g-l-pease-fillmore .
Yes, it has a 2% dash of latakia, but until Greg himself came on this forum to verify that yes it does have a mere pinch of latakia, everyone said it didn’t. It does have a HUGE dose of perique, which makes it very spicy. I get hints if leather every now and then, but nit a huge latakia kick, for sure

As Jeremy, the beloved C&D blender, has said on the Red Virginia Allergy thread, not every little thing is included on the labels or descriptions.

Reactions: dcon and edger

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
These all have reds. God dang man
You’re just continually trying to prove there’s no such thing as a red VA “allergy”
Where are you getting your info? I have been smoking Escudo over 20 years and if it had any decent amount I couldn't smoke it. I can't smoke McClelland reds or Rattrays or Fribourg & Tryer or SG Cabbies and plenty of others. You really think a hedonist like myself would ever deny himself the pleasure of red virginia's if I could smoke them, what would be the point. Let me know when you get paperwork showing the ingredients of all my Vapers that allegedly have reds in them. That would be some interesting reading.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Where are you getting your info? I have been smoking Escudo over 20 years and if it had any decent amount I couldn't smoke it. I can't smoke McClelland reds or Rattrays or Fribourg & Tryer or SG Cabbies and plenty of others. You really think a hedonist like myself would ever deny himself the pleasure of red virginia's if I could smoke them, what would be the point. Let me know when you get paperwork showing the ingredients of all my Vapers that allegedly have reds in them. That would be some interesting reading.
A navy flake is going to have flavor rather than filler VA. That would be red VA.
I’ll say it again it’s not the red va giving you problems... it’s something about those particular blends.

you keep pushing this narrative about being “allergic” and what does or doesn’t have red VA and it’s all incorrect ... now other people who get tongue bite are copying exactly what you are saying about an “allergy”. Even though top blenders and the big dogs from the tobacco Co’s say it would be impossible to be only allergic to red VA.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Read Mac Baren description.
Capstan Gold = Bright VA
Capstan Regular = Both

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
You lost me what does Capstan Blue Flake or Yellow have to do with vapers and red virginia's. I have multiple Mac Baren Flakes, Old Dark Fired, Navy Flake, Modern Virginia Flake.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
H&H Louisiana Red is in your face with both.
Cabbies Mixture presents a mellower approach
Elizabethan Mixture &Match
Sutliff 1849
Crumble Cake VaPer
Bayou Morning
Red Carpet
Kajun Kake
Redwood
McConnell's Red Va
Dunbar
Bullseye Flake
Navy Rolls

Like @hoosierpipeguy said, most of 'em.
Red isn't the dominant Virginia in match Victorian (once known as Elizabethan match), more lemon and brown Virginia.

Reactions: BROBS and rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Red isn't the dominant Virginia in match Victorian (once knonw as Elizabethan match, more lemon and brown Virginia.
Good to know. Currently smoking through a jar of H&H Louisiana Red and it is very similar to my bag of Elizabethan Match, although there are obviously more browns and less perique in the Match. I can definitely taste a juicy hit of reds as well as the more earthy darks. My bag of Match is from last years anomalous wet batch that several forum members discussed tasting like it had more humectant than usual. So this may not be representative of the product in general.

Reactions: BROBS

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Good to know. Currently smoking through a jar of H&H Louisiana Red and it is very similar to my bag of Elizabethan Match, although there are obviously more browns and less perique in the Match. I can definitely taste a juicy hit of reds as well as the more earthy darks. My bag of Match is from last years anomalous wet batch that several forum members discussed tasting like it had more humectant than usual. So this may not be representative of the product in general.
How old is your jar of Louisiana Red? I put away 4oz back in early 2018 when I first tried it and it was far too sharp and tangy for me at the time and I kind of forgot about the jar. Elizabethan Match was not nearly as bad for me. I’m thinking I should toughen up and give Louisiana Red another shot and see how it’s changed.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
How old is your jar of Louisiana Red? I put away 4oz back in early 2018 when I first tried it and it was far too sharp and tangy for me at the time and I kind of forgot about the jar. Elizabethan Match was not nearly as bad for me. I’m thinking I should toughen up and give Louisiana Red another shot and see how it’s changed.
The LR is fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.