PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Parents sent birthday cards over 2 weeks ago (NJ & Florida to Texas). Still haven’t received them. Figured it was due to the bad weather on the east coast and power outages in eastern Texas.

Reactions: kurtbob

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
It has been horrible in the Philadelphia area. Bills come after their due dates. A pipe I bought from Dave Neeb took two weeks to get here. Replacement credit cards took two weeks. Everyone around here is complaining.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
3 packages out of 10 all shipped the same day (Feb 16) are still stuck at the Salt Lake Distribution center. When I filed a lost package on all 3, they were kind enough to close them with a generic email about covid and weather. Amazing service, I can't figure out why USPS is a financial mess.....

tonygry

Lurker
Jul 20, 2021
While USPS worked to correct those issues and court orders eventually blocked their full implementation, delays persisted due to employee absenteeism stemming from the pandemic, unprecedented upticks in more labor-intensive package delivery and longstanding issues with the postal network.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Last year there were some very rough spots and slow deliveries, but since then things have gotten more routine, not perfect, but usually timely.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
USPS is on a steady descent into oblivion, I think. Customer service is non-existent, and packages take longer and longer to wind their way through the roundabout circuit. I submitted a change of address online and had to pay one dollar and five cents for the privilege of doing it online. What did USPS do? They just started returning all of my mail back to sender. I've tried repeatedly to have this rectified, but all I ever get is a promise that someone will call me at some point. The calls never come.

Anymore, I pay the extra and ship via FedEx or UPS. They're at least professional and efficient.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
I always feel bad for the individual letter carrying goofy truck driving walking around door to door postal workers. Those poor devils are really doing the best they can to keep up. With fewer of them their days have been 14 hours lately.

The system, however...

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
What do your expect from a govt. run system where you have no say about the quality of service and the Scaning system where the delivery person failed to mark they item delivered.

• Haha
Reactions: seanv

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
As someone that has bought many many cigars from around the world I’ve realized that “get text updates” is your friend, i used to obsess about package locations and delivery dates, almost drove me nuts at the height of cOviD, I’ve learned to just take it slow and figure I’ll get it eventually.
For the record shipping out of Europe still sucks and a box i used to get i. 5-7 business days is now well over a month, nothing i can do about it it is what it is.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I've had a ton of things shipped bu USPS and they have all been delivered in a reasonable time except for one item. I complained to them about it and got a form letter from them that was just hilarious. They cited Covid and transit delays which have nothing to do with it being stuck in a post office for several weeks.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

AttermaLim

Lurker
Nov 3, 2021
Yes, it was very slow for me too. But then I learned something. Mail is not sorted locally. Your post office picks up the mail and sends it to the distribution center. If there is a local post office there, they will never know because they don't search for it in the search. That's why I started tracking the location of my parcel using specialized services such as Sendungsverfolgung Post - https://www.sendungsverfolgungpost.de/de/. Try to use it and you. I think a lot of things will fall into place then. Good luck and patience!