PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Two fingers work. But if there is ember to bring it back, gentle continuous draw works also. At least for me, or I suck at two fingers thing. Either way, been using my Zippo a lot lately. Not 'cause light's going out, but because blends taste better when the whole top of the tobacco's lit evenly and completely without overdoing it.

Reactions: BROBS

mithridate

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2018
Central Ostrobothnia, Finland
I use the technique, what ever its name is, too. But let me clarify a thing: do you cover and uncover the top of the bowl very swiftly several times whilst puffing? Or just cover it, puff and simultanuously get your fingers off? (Sorry my bad English);)
I have just covered the top of the bowl and then took a good puff. And yes, it works for me. It's even quite satisfying. But it seems I could develop my technique a bit.

Reactions: BROBS

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Right. I mean anybody ever ran any type of motor with a carburetor? What does the choke do?
Rebuilt several from teens up to now. The choke makes the fuel/air mix richer by cutting the airflow into the carburetor to make starting a cold engine easier.

Reactions: LongHairDontCare

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
By two fingers, are you referring to one in the pink, one in the stink?
I believe the common vernacular for what you describe is "the shocker". A plain two finger, I think, is when you make a finger gun with your index and middle finger and then make the "come here" motion when you're, ahem, in position. But I wouldn't know because I haven't felt the love of Jesus in a woman's heart yet. So, kinda unmarried. Been saving myself, you know...

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy