PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Stupid Government of Europe he only wants smoke,carrots and lettuce...............and drink distilled water...damn weak leaders.....:enojado:................❤.??❤

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I have found that, in general, people are more tolerant of pipe smoking than any other form. Maybe it is just where I live that this is the case. Or maybe it is from all the cigarette butts that are thrown on the ground littering nature. Maybe it is that people like the scent of an aromatic and it reminds them of Uncle Fred. Whatever it is, pipe smoking does seem to be perceived here as different from cigarette smoking.

I'm allowed to smoke a pipe in the house. Lighting a cigarette in the house would elicit a swift, violent response. ?

I strongly believe that the increase in the use of products such as Philly Blunts and Black & Milds by a large number of, shall we say, misguided younger individuals has been lucrative for some companies, but it hasn't been a good thing for the cigar and pipe industries' image.

Kinda relevant story: Around 1997 I was out of town for a few days. My soon-to-be ex-wife was talking to the neighbors, and one of them mentioned that he liked cigars. My ex, being the generous soul that she is, said, "Hey,Gerry has a cigar that's been sitting around for a while, you want it?" He said yes, and she gave it to him.
The cigar was a Cuban Partagas Lusitania that I was saving for my birthday.
When I returned, I found out what happened. The next time I saw the neighbor, I asked if he had enjoyed the cigar.
His reply: "It was ok. I like Black & Milds."

Status
Not open for further replies.