PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Recently there was a discussion that mentioned the L.A. Poche Perique facility in St. James Parish had closed down and included a screen shot of google showing it as permanently closed.

I emailed Mark Ryan yesterday and he responded.

dear pappy - not true. going strong. i have sold major share of d&r.
thanks for your interest.

Yes, it was a generic business page, like the type that gets automatically produced when someone searches for a business in Google. I knew he wasn't closed, because there were inconsistencies in the page, like it was listed as a tobacco store... and La Poche has never been open to the public. So, they would have never have set business hours.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
This may be a total Monday struggle on my part.... but did Mark Ryan sell D&R? Is that what he is indicating above in his last sentence? I noticed their blends offerings seemed to have trimmed recently (on-line catalouge), also saw a few posters mention they got the last of 'X' blend recently.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This may be a total Monday struggle on my part.... but did Mark Ryan sell D&R? Is that what he is indicating above in his last sentence? I noticed their blends offerings seemed to have trimmed recently (on-line catalouge), also saw a few posters mention they got the last of 'X' blend recently.
Yes he did. The new owner has cut back on the line of blends.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
What Mark Ryan said was "I sold a major share." That tells me he is no longer running Daughters & Ryan.
I didn't ask about who the majority owner was or how they are running things. I guess I should have.

Reactions: mingc

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks Sandollars. I may give it a try. Truthfully, I have a ton of blending perique from C&D as well as Sutliff and wasn't that happy with them and then bought a couple pounds of raw barrel perique from the from Whole Leaf (which is a lot better but also a lot more work). I probably have enough to cover me for a good long time but Jiminks and Sable tell me D&R's perique is the best version out there. It's the only one I haven't been able to obtain.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
Thanks Sandollars. I may give it a try. Truthfully, I have a ton of blending perique from C&D as well as Sutliff and wasn't that happy with them and then bought a couple pounds of raw barrel perique from the from Whole Leaf (which is a lot better but also a lot more work). I probably have enough to cover me for a good long time but Jiminks and Sable tell me D&R's perique is the best version out there. It's the only one I haven't been able to obtain.
Ha I replied to you in another thread and I can see some of my info probably came from you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.