PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As some of you know, my order from Esterval's ended up being sent back to Germany without every coming close to where I live due to being "insufficiently addressed", and after being dissatisfied with Esterval's response over it, filed a dispute through my credit card issuer.

Both Esterval's and I sent pertinent evidence to the claims department.

I got news today that I have won the dispute and that my account has been credited.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
As some of you know, my order from Esterval's ended up being sent back to Germany without every coming close to where I live due to being "insufficiently addressed", and after being dissatisfied with Esterval's response over it, filed a dispute through my credit card issuer.

Both Esterval's and I sent pertinent evidence to the claims department.

I got news today that I have won the dispute and that my account has been credited.

Awesome Jesse, congratulations!

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I am happy to hear you won your dispute.
I was very pleased with Estervals, up until the time they refused to accommodate you at treat you like the valuable customer you are.
I am reminded that last year when we were discussing the HU sale at Estervals here on the forum there were some that felt there was a window of opportunity in ordering from Estervals; it seems that the window is now closed, at least for it is for me.
Thank you for turning me on to the HU blends; it was you, @hoosierpipeguy and @jiminks who really brought them to my attention and I have enjoyed them enormously and stocked up on many years worth.

pauls456

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2020
Tucson, Arizona
I placed a large order with Estervals in the spring. It made it as far as Tucson, and then the USPS sent it back to Germany. Estervals kindly shipped It back to me at their expense. After it arrived again in Tucson, the USPS sent it to California, then back to Tucson, then back to California, then back to Tucson, when I finally received it. One tin had obviously been opened by Customs. Total time: 5 months.
The problems with tobacco shipments from Estervals to the U.S. are entirely the fault of US customs and the USPS. I was fully aware of the risks when I placed the order, and everyone in the US that orders tobacco from abroad should be realistic about the fact that there is no guarantee that customs will not intervene or the USPS will not screw it up. Estervals has been kind enough to try to service U.S. pipe smokers, knowing full well that problems will arise. It’s nice that the would-be buyer got his money back, but he jeopardizes the relationship that US buyers have with Estervals. Tell me, where else are you going to go, to get HU tobaccos, once Estervals decides that US buyers are not worth the risk and the hassles?
The age of entitlement for us Americans is over, for good reason, and we will have better relations with our brothers and sisters abroad when we come to terms with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.