PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'm preparing to place an order for some baccy (my supplies are dwindling and I thought I'd better start cellaring some). I'll be ordering 8oz each of the following:
H&H Classic Burley Kake

Lane LL-7

PS Luxury Navy Flake
I feel like something is missing here though(as though one could ever order enough at once), and would appreciate some suggestions as to how to round it out a bit.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
If you're a fan of english blends, P&C is running a sale thru the end of the month Buy 2 Dunhill tins, get 1 free. The only thing on backorder right now is Nightcap. McClelland Frog Morton's Cellar is also available in tins.
I figure that way, you got some VA, some aro, and some english.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Haven't cracked my Dunhill Flake or EMP yet. Very much looking forward to them.
Just had a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake. Was just ok. The finish on my new pipe started to bubble around the rim :x
smoke got better halfway thru. I ordered 4oz of it, took out 1oz to smoke, the other 3 is aging. I'm hoping that it improves w/age, as it wasn't that good fresh. Wasn't bad, just didn't have that WOW factor.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would recommend trying Mac Baren Old Dark Fired, it is a real tasty Virginia/Burley flake. Also the 3.5 ounce tin represents one of the best values in terms of cost per tin on the market. It comes in 3.5 ounce tins and it is only around 11.00.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I've done the original Frog Morton. I enjoyed immensely, but the wife wouldn't let me back in the house. She finds lat blends unpleasant. It's why I've stuck mostly with aro's. However I felt inclined to try a few other things this time around. I have considered tossing in a bit of Stockeby's Nougat as well just on the principle that it's what was used while filming The Hobbit (or so I've heard). Have any of my chosen blends (or those recommended thus far) any risk of earning her wrath?

Status
Not open for further replies.